Seeking alterations "tailor"

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
MCD

Seeking alterations "tailor"

Post by MCD »

Anybody know where I can get a skirt taken up in Sydenham? I have had a poor experience with workmanship at a cleaners in Upper Kirkdale.
Pally

Re: Seeking alterations "tailor"

Post by Pally »

Aplanda have always given me a good service
MCD

Post by MCD »

Is that another dry cleaners in Sydenham? Where are they located?
Pally

Post by Pally »

MCD wrote:Is that another dry cleaners in Sydenham? Where are they located?
Opposite Super drug. One word of caution .... I haven't seen hate older lady recently who always does the alterations so just wondering if she has retired or is on holiday
Maria

Post by Maria »

I have had loads done at Top Quality Dry Cleaners in Westow Hill - C Palace triangle. The tailor they have there has been absolutely fantastic; last time I went he was fitting a highly sophisticated wedding dress on someone: he told me he can make clothes from scratch as well as alterations. The dry cleaning itself is faultless: I won't go anywhere else now despite my principle of supporting Sydenham as much as I can.
Just found their number - 020 8670 0170
MCD

Post by MCD »

Thanks Maria - this is just the kind of information I was seeking!
JT123

Post by JT123 »

I have also used the dry cleaner in CP and was very happy with the service. Have also just used Jackie who advertised on the forum (under offers: sewing repairs and alterations) for a number of sewing projects and very pleased with the work she did.
KEO

Post by KEO »

Aplanda now has new owners and has been renamed Tops and Tails. Very happy with the dry cleaning and alterations we've had done there.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

I was really nervous about having my new Hobbs suit trousers taken up as it was an expensive suit. Tops and Tails (Aplanda) did a seamless job. I think it was a tenner (?) And I got the job....!