Shirin

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Checkmate

Shirin

Post by Checkmate »

I see we have a new snack / sandwich / coffee bar on the high street between Newlands Park and Venner Square, Has anyone been in yet to sample? Have the owners been made aware of our Forum?!
biscuitman1978

Shirin

Post by biscuitman1978 »

This new outlet is being discussed in the thread at https://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12997
Checkmate

Re: Shirin

Post by Checkmate »

Thanks for the link. Easily missed without the name in the topic, I fear. Still, people can now find it via here as well, so all good.
biscuitman1978

Shirin

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Checkmate wrote:Easily missed without the name in the topic, I fear.
Indeed! As you say, people can now find it here, which will give the new shop a bit more coverage. I must try it myself...
sophie

Re: Shirin

Post by sophie »

I think the other post is slightly misleading as it isn't strictly speaking Lebanese. For people who check here and not there I thought the felafel wrap I had was excellent but the coffee wasn't. The owner is Persian and has had a business in the area in the past. He is very friendly which for me makes a difference. I went to On the Hoof in December and didn't rate the drinks we had (coffees and hot chocolates). I usually give places a second chance but haven't gone back there because the waitress was rude. I really hope this cafe is successful as it's good to have some variety.