Softer water in Sydenham?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Weeble

Softer water in Sydenham?

Post by Weeble »

Having lived in a few parts of South East London, I've noticed the water in my flat in Sydenham is much softer than in other places I lived.

Does anyone know if we get a different water supply here compared to Dulwich/Forest Hill/Crystal Palace?

It is possible our flat has been fitted with some kind of water softening device, so I'd be interested to know if other people have noticed this.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Our supply in Lawrie Park is as hard as nails. Stalactites (or is it stalagmites) form from taps in months!

Has anyone noticed a drop in pressure? We are getting an increasing inccidence of airlocks caused by our girls draining the tank when taking a bath. The inlets sems hardly more than a dribble these days....
areopagus

Post by areopagus »

A mnemonic I learnt at school: the mites go up and the tites go down. And the water in Upper Sydenham (off Dartmouth Road) is also hard.
Jade

Post by Jade »

hard water is better for you..
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Thanks for the replies.

How odd, maybe something has been fitted to the supply to our flat which softens it. You can actually generate a lather with soap in our flat - rather than just soap scum!