Best place locally to fix iPhone glass?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!

Moderator: frenzarin

Rachael

Best place locally to fix iPhone glass?

Post by Rachael »

Need to replace the glass on an iPhone 5. Has anyone used a local shop for this and if so, what was the cost? Apple charge over £100 but I believe independents can do it for less.

robbieduncan

Re: Best place locally to fix iPhone glass?

Post by robbieduncan »

Not sure of anywhere local but iSmash in Canary Wharf are quoting £79 and 10 mins to do the job (https://www.ismash.com/repair/iphone-5)

Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Timpsons

http://www.timpson.co.uk/services/415/m ... ne-repairs

According to the website, this service is available in their branch in Lewisham

(Thanks, Simon :) )

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I know Timpsons do it, sorry, should have said. I'd rather use a local phone shop, unless anyone has used Timpsons and recommend it. They are a bit Jack-of-all-trades etc.

Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

I mentioned Simon, because he'd been telling me about the standard of service he got from Timpson's for just this, and it reminded me of a similar positive experience I'd had of their service for something complete different (just simple key cutting, as it happens) elsewhere. I remember thinking about posting about it here, and the value of branding.

I don't think having multiple strings to their bow should be held against them.

Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thanks for that, Tim, I'll take that as a recommendation. I find their dry cleaning service iffy and the quality of shoe heeling inconsistent between stores. Much prefer local trades over brands for this sort of thing.

G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Might be a bit late now but one of the chaps on Sydenham road did mine for £50. The chap in one of the pound shops, he has his little concession in the window. Did it there and then.

irepairmacs

Post by irepairmacs »

Fast Mac repairs in London. Express Apple MacBook laptop repair service available in our London office or UK wide using our convenient and fast collection and delivery based repair. Call 020 3951 7818 to book your repair now. for more details here : https://irepairmacs.co.uk