LOST CAT IN SYDENHAM

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
LOSTCAT

LOST CAT IN SYDENHAM

Post by LOSTCAT »

I would be really grateful if anyone reading this could keep their eye out for our cat. He disappeared at the end of August from the Whittell Gardens area of Sydenham, which is a road that runs between Sydenham Park and Sydenham Park Road and backs on to the Peak. It is also near Peak Hill.

He has been seen in Sydenham Park, Sydenham Park Road, Peak Hill, Peak Hill Gardens and Sydenham Road.

He is a neutered tabby cat with white paws. He is very affectionate and friendly.

He is my daughter's cat and they were very close. She is only 4 years old and I got him for her when her dad left. As you can imagine, she is very very upset that he is missing. She keeps writing notes to him, hoping that he will come back.

I am offering a large cash reward for anyone that finds and returns him to us.

Please help us find him. My telephone number is 07970 116271.

Thank you.
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

How long has the cat lived in Whittell Gardens?
How long has he been missing?

He's probably stuck somewhere in the school grounds or near the railway line/alleyway or in somebody's back garden shed.
LOSTCAT

Post by LOSTCAT »

He's been missing since the end of August. He was staying with my mum while we were on holiday, as the cattery that we were booked into couldn't take him at the last moment. He is very very loyal (used to try and jump in the car with us when we went out!) - which is why this is so unusual. He spent a week with my mum and was always with her, before disappearing.

I've spoken to the school keeper and to the school (they have put one of my posters up).
raymondus

Post by raymondus »

Did he have a collar around him? I saw a tabby cat with white paws crossing Peak Hill today at around 2pm. He had a silver collar.
LOSTCAT

Post by LOSTCAT »

He didn't have a collar on him when he disappeared. However, I don't know whether someone has started feeding him and put a collar on him.

He is a tabby with white paws and bib. He has a very sweet fluffy look to him and is very approachable and friendly. Very missed.[/img]
AliT

Post by AliT »

I know the pain of losing a cat. Have you put up posters? When I lived in Brixton my cat jumped from a 2nd floor balcony and I thought I had lost her forever. But a whole 3 months later, after weeks of going round Brockwell park shaking packets of cat biscuits and getting weird looks, I got a call in response to one of my posters. She had been taken in by a guy in a houseshare and was very well. Why they hadn't called me sooner I have no idea. (Turned out they had kept the poster for that length of time) Anyhow I got her back. So persevere, you never know. Good luck.
LOSTCAT

Post by LOSTCAT »

Thanks for your replies. I've put up tons of posters with photos on lamp posts and in shops, and put leaflets through hundreds of doors (literally). I've had quite a few people ring me to tell me they've seen him, but nothing comes of it. He just seems to have disappeared into thin air. I don't know if someone is keeping him inside, but I'd think they'd have to let him out at some stage??? Its been 2.5 months now.
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

It makes me so sad when I hear someone has lost a cat, I will keep my eyes peeled. I hope you find him soon. :(
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

I saw a tabby with white paws on Peak Hill two nights ago, near the junction with Collingtree Road. It was a fairly big/longer haired cat? I live in the area and have not seen that particular cat before.
paget76

Post by paget76 »

I saw a tabby with white paws on Peak Hill two nights ago, near the junction with Collingtree Road. It was a fairly big/longer haired cat? I live in the area and have not seen that particular cat before.
Before hopes are raised, I suspect that may be one of mine, currently staying in Syd Park Road. Very fluffy tail, goes by the name of Hazel.