Best Pizza delivery for Sydenham?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
petzlux

Best Pizza delivery for Sydenham?

Post by petzlux »

Hi

My gf and myself wanted to order pizza delivery tonight, but the place we always used to order pizza from in forest hill apparently burned down!

Now, anyone here on the forum care to give us a recommendation for a pizza delivery service ? We are fans of classic "italian" style stone oven pizza's, not the pizza-hut style pizza's.

We found Pizza Toscana in Penge, any good ?
poppy

pizza

Post by poppy »

Was that Pizza Pianeta? I used to order from them too. Their pizzas were amazing the best I have had in this country actually and I was really sad they shut down too. I have been looking for an alternative, so am also interested in any tips.
TommyP

Post by TommyP »

Toscana is yr best bet for the thin crust - stone baked option I reckon and the large pizzas are LARGE. its mkaing me hungry now!
Also there is another one but am struggling to recall the name that also does nice pizza . . . . hmm ..
I can't remember although I know it has a lightish green menu and does a duck and hoisin sauce pizza ... ! Strange but tasty. hope this helps you out .... and that you can get a meal soon ....
I have visions of you sat round yr computer hitting refresh waiting for advice before u can eat ! lol
:lol:
cinders

Post by cinders »

Absolutely wonderful to hear there is a decent Pizza around here ! the only one I have tried is near the kebab place just before the car wash. It is just SO NOT like Positano !! Sorry not being a snob but I do love my pizza What is the tel number for that place
squig

Post by squig »

:D yes I recommend it. Thin crust, yummy & friendly people.
poppy

pizza

Post by poppy »

Where is Toscana? I have not seen it.
sophie

Post by sophie »

Pizza Toscana in Penge is on that funny bit of road where the buses can turn where there is a pub on one corner. Near the alms houses. Does that help?
poppy

pizza delivery

Post by poppy »

I used Toscana in Penge recently and was a bit disappointed. Quite a bland pizza really. Not a patch on Pianetta. I wish I had found this forum before Pianetta it shut to try and improve their trade, if that is why they closed down.
dodd

Sod pizza

Post by dodd »

Get your taste buds down Ghurkas.
I'd say that place adds twenty grand to every house value in Syd.
reality Czech

Pizza in SE26

Post by reality Czech »

Try "Il Ponte" on the Crystal Palece Triangle.
They do deliveries too.Quite cheap.
Probably the best in this area.
Trust me, i'm Italian and picky about my pizzas!
pocketpip

Post by pocketpip »

il ponte don't deliver! gutted.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Tratorria do take out, if you want to pop down and pick it up yourself.

The best pizzas in town.

http://www.trattoriaraffaele.com/
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I keep getting deliveries for which I have not ordered.
I try to explain in slow English that I have never ordered a take away in my life but not sure they understand.
LaHibernis

Post by LaHibernis »

We really like Papa John's in Catford who deliver. You can choose either thin crust or original (thick) which suits both me and LeHibernis. We tried a few pizza takeaways around Sydenham and this one is our firm favourite. I would avoid the sides though.

Of course for tasty local eat-in pizza, Trattoria Raffaele is excellent - I don't know whether they deliver.....
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

Enjoy home delivery whilst you can. If the new European proposals concerning motorcycle licenses are implemented in 2013 then learners will lose the right to ride unaccompanied - which will end most pizza deliveries!

Regards
Chris
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Yoy surely do not mean people having to cook. Surely not.