Chinese takeaway

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
iandavenport

Re: Chinese takeaway

Post by iandavenport »

Parker - yes i guess it was them
as to how Just Eat makes a living , i expect you are right , so that would explain why the restaurant is less interested in those customers than their own - lesson learned - i just wanted to try it out , its back to ringing direct for me
thanks for the input
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I order regularly from Just Eat and use it for a restaurant I used to phone directly. I haven't noticed any change in delivery time or attention to detail. In fact, I think it comes a bit more quickly!
mosy

Post by mosy »

This article notes dissatisfaction of takeaway owners with Just Eat's commissions:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/takeaway-just- ... ts-1452806
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

I've used Just East for Hibagon and it's always been fine. Perhaps because I've read all the horror stories about Just Eat delivery times online, I always specify in the "additional instructions" note to please inform me if the order is likely to be any later than the stated delivery time.

Always worth ordering well in advance with Just Eat. We had a Hibagon delivery last Friday. I ordered at 6.30pm and it stated clearly the earliest delivery would be 7.45pm (which didn't seem unreasonable for a Friday night). The food arrived piping hot, when it was supposed to.