GARDEN CENTRE / GREENHOUSES

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
sean

GARDEN CENTRE / GREENHOUSES

Post by sean »

Anyone know of somewhere local that sells Greenhouses ?
poppy

Greenhouses

Post by poppy »

Hi Sean. I usually use Shannon's garden centre on Stansted Road, near the Telegraph pub next to one of those big storage places and Halfords. I don't know if they stock greenhouses but they might be able to order one. I have also been to a very large garden centre called Pole Hill in Kent, I can't remember the exact area. Although I was quite disappointed with it (no help available with the plants at all) and found it incredibly tacky, their xmas gift sections particularly. The shed people were very helpful and there might be a green house section there.
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

I agree with Poppy - Shannons is great; they are round the corner from the Railway Telegraph pub near Maplins on Stanstead Road. The other good place is Phoebe's Garden Centre, Penerley Rd Catford.
Peak Hillbilly

Post by Peak Hillbilly »

The best local garden centre is Secret Garden in Crystal Palace (near Sainsbury's) - not sure they sell greenhouses though.