Cardboard Boxes Needed

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
crowie

Cardboard Boxes Needed

Post by crowie »

Hello,

Does anyone have any cardboard boxes they no longer need? I'm looking for 10 or so for packing to move house. I can come and collect them on weekday evenings in the Sydenham area after 6pm.

Thank you.
mosy

Re: Cardboard Boxes Needed

Post by mosy »

Fingers crossed that someone has some.

For smaller boxes, I've noticed that Well Being, the Health Food shop near On the Hoof cafe towards the corner of Silverdale, sometimes put boxes outside which I assume are up for grabs. I'd guess they're about 13" x13" x 16" high, quite strong and would be clean if they'll put some by for you indoors. Tel: 020 8659 2003.

Alvina(?) housewares (opposite-ish Newlands Park) sell those huge zipped chequered laundry carrier bags that might be useful for sheets/curtains etc if stuck.

Hope your move goes well and that new place is all you want it to be :)
crowie

Post by crowie »

Thank you, Mosy. That's very helpful. Somebody has also suggested asking bookshops too as they tend to use strong boxes for packing heavy loads.

Sadly I'm leaving Sydenham, but I hope only temporarily as I've really enjoyed living here. The new place has a lot to live up to!
sydnami

Post by sydnami »

We've just moved, and have some going spare that you're welcome to, Crowie. Drop me a PM!
mosy

Post by mosy »

Yes, bookshop boxes are very strong so ideal for crockery - or books unsurprisingly ;)
I don't know if Kirkdale one (next to Sydenham DIY) has them, but if not I scrounged some from the bookshop on Crystal Palace triangle (opp. big Sainsbury). Better to ask and arrange a collection time when they're not too busy. Their contact details are at foot of page here:
http://booksellercrow.co.uk/

Glad you have a soft spot for Sydenham - perhaps you'll come "home" one day :)
alywin

Post by alywin »

I have some smallish ones - the sort freezer meals are packed in - which I've been trying to Freecycle for ages if that's of any use. Typical size 8 x 10 x 16 inches.

Send me a PM if you want them.
Akriti

Post by Akriti »

I've got a couple left from my move if you would like to collect them. PM me

Akriti