Kirkdale cookery school and waffle place

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
El Cid

Kirkdale cookery school and waffle place

Post by El Cid »

Does anyone know anything about the cookery school and waffle place that are due to open soon on Kirkdale? Also, I'm wondering how well the sushi restaurant is doing. There was some very positive reviews about it on the forum when it first opened. Yet every time I go past, it never seems very busy.
sherlomi

Re: Kirkdale cookery school and waffle place

Post by sherlomi »

Have ordered take-aways from sushi restaurant. Really nice - probably the only healthy
take-away I've ever eaten but dont let that put you off!!
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

Yes, if you've never tried Hibagon then you've missed out. Best food in Sydenham. We get deliveries from there frequently. Deliveries have always been prompt - I think the longest they've ever taken was 45 minutes at a peak time on a Friday night.

Their sushi is good (if a little untypical of Japanese food - they are quite into their chili!). Their sashimi is very good. Their noodle soups are excellent, their grilled katsu curry great (only place I've ever had grilled katsu rather than the deep-fried breadcrumbs version which I always find a bit much). They do a delicious aubergine dish too. Only ever had one duff dish from there - an overcooked dry duck Don Buri, but that was a one-off. Oh, their desserts are great too.

We did eat-in there once and, yes, it could have been a lot more full than it was. But they've been there quite a while now; no reason to suppose they're in trouble. If there were ever any suggestion of them failing I would be gutted.
appletree

Post by appletree »

The waffle place is now open. Have not tried it yet. It has hamburgers, hot dogs, and waffles and other sweet desserts.
Timbo79

Post by Timbo79 »

As posted in the town hall, i ate at the waffle place on sunday, tasty burgers and waffles and really friendly staff