More memories - Saxon Tavern anyone?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
cidersioux

Re: More memories - Saxon Tavern anyone?

Post by cidersioux »

Used to go there every week to see the rock bands with my biker friends to watch the balloon dancers and the dwarf throwing competitions... don't think they would allow that nowadays... Del Stevens is a friend of mine and am regular contact with him on Face book and is living the life in Portugal now... The day Lidl opened me and three friends walked into the store with a portable sound system blasting out ac/dc and motorhead and head banged all round the store in protest.. Ahhh those were the days... lol
Martinheff

Post by Martinheff »

Saxon Tavern. Went there every Friday night early 80's with my biker mates. Upstairs was Rock night, DJ Del Stephens playing Sabbath, Purple, Zeppelin, all class rock music through a PA so loud you had to shout at the barstaff at the far end of the room to get a drink. Loadsa memories, good times, too much beer and great music. Occasionally kicked off in the car park if they had a soul disco downstairs same night. Where have the years gone?
Whitethunder666

Post by Whitethunder666 »

**** I loved the saxon sooooo much beast days of my life .care free metal mayhem nearly got shot by an angel there .can't remember the d.js name for the life of me .but I used to go to a lot of biker places he d.j.ed at
cidersioux

Post by cidersioux »

Dj was called Del Stevens he lives in Portugal now There was also Dave Black who has sadly passed away
shirts278

Post by shirts278 »

There was also Paul Morley playing rock on Friday nights.....
shirts278

Post by shirts278 »

Does anybody remember the pub dog ? I think it was a labrador alsatian cross. Had this party trick of catching bottle tops in its mouth.....
shirts278

Post by shirts278 »

Was it Sacha ???
Whitethunder666

Post by Whitethunder666 »

My spiritual home even tho it became bonnys which I still used .but saxon days were my youth .selling. speed to the h.a .and the road rats . Nearly getting shot once because of my beautiful g.f. characters like Louis dancing to zz top and arlo dancing to blue oyster cult .and bangin head in the speakers to motorhead. **** best days of my life ❤️
GrahamParsons

Post by GrahamParsons »

Yes i drank at the Saxon Tavern also the king Alfred . had many mates there and girls ,Domenic Rossie , Phil and peter callow,Bud ,Mick,Jimmy Jones ,Kevin Brown ,to name a few great times .