Finding Cousin

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Eddie Greer

Finding Cousin

Post by Eddie Greer »

Hi In the late 1940s I lived with my mum & dad Edwin (Ted) and Susan (Sue) Greer. My name is Eddie Greer. with lived at 15 Peak Hill Gardens on the top floor of my dads brother Jack Greer and wife Eva's house. They had a daughter called Maureen who was of course my cousin. Maureen would have been about 18 at the time and was a lovely girl. My family migrated to Australia in 1951 and over the ensuing years we lost contact with her. I have been back to England a couple of times and was unable to track her down. The nearest I got was that someone thought that she had married a man who had a cleaning contract business in Beckenham.
When I was still at Peak Hill Gardens Maureen was going out with a Crystal Palace footballer called Ray Howells. I believe the last known whereabouts of Ray was that he was living in Wales somewhere. I am now 68 so If Maureen is still alive she would be around 75. Hoping someone will be able to help me.
Regards Eddie Greer.