My step aunt Diana Smith.

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
genegenie

My step aunt Diana Smith.

Post by genegenie »

Hello thank you for adding me, lady on a facebook page suggested I try here.

Diana Smith lived at High Level Drive, Sydenham. I've not been able to get in contact for sometime. Tried various avenues with no luck so far. We never met, I found her whilst searching for information on my granddad, whose wife I had written to. Sadly she had passed on but my letter was forwarded to her daughter Diana. We mainly wrote then emailed. I spoke with her only a couple of times. Looking at the electoral roll a while back it appears she is no longer at the flat I fear she has passed on. If anyone knew her please reply. Thank you for reading.
mosy

Re: My step aunt Diana Smith.

Post by mosy »

genegenie wrote:Hello thank you for adding me, lady on a facebook page suggested I try here.

Diana Smith lived at High Level Drive, Sydenham. I've not been able to get in contact for sometime. Tried various avenues with no luck so far. We never met, I found her whilst searching for information on my granddad, whose wife I had written to. Sadly she had passed on but my letter was forwarded to her daughter Diana. We mainly wrote then emailed. I spoke with her only a couple of times. Looking at the electoral roll a while back it appears she is no longer at the flat I fear she has passed on. If anyone knew her please reply. Thank you for reading.
Hopefully someone might know or have known Ms Smith.

You could see if the address is listed on the part of the Zoopla website which shows the sale price history of properties when sold, to see when the property was last sold. If recently, a handwritten letter addressed as "A request to the Current Occupier" enclosing an SAE, might bring a reply. If sadly your Aunt has passed away, if it's likely that your Aunt might have left a will, and provided found and acted on, it should be registered officially as all wills are, so a search on the register might yield something. Good luck.
genegenie

Re: My step aunt Diana Smith.

Post by genegenie »

Thank you, it was a council property I believe. The will I hadn't thought about so that's a good idea and also writing to the address. Wonderful, I appreciate your help with some more ideas - I don't think there was any other family left she was an only child, as well as having no children. I may have to see if I can find if her mum Violet Sheldrick had any siblings. Good job Find My Past has a free weekend on I may be able to find something for that at least on there.