Do not use this section for Wanted or Offer requests

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
admin
Site Admin

Do not use this section for Wanted or Offer requests

Post by admin »

This section of the forum is NOT to be used for Wanted or Offers requests/posts. Use the Market section for these from now on.

Offenders will be moved to the correct section from now on, without notice.

admin
Last edited by admin on 17 Feb 2019 12:44, edited 1 time in total.
mosy

Re: Do not use this section for Wanted or Offer requests

Post by mosy »

If that is to be so, can the Offers and Wanted section posts remain please, i.e. not be deleted after 30 or 90 days? Also, can they remain as searchable items please?

Services especially might not be needed at the time posted as offered or wanted, but can be wanted later. Once deleted, they can't be brought up in a search either (as far as I know). If posted in The Cafe, they remain as searchable, so can Offers and Wanted be changed thus?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Good point, Mosy, will see what I can do!

admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK Mosy, I've been able to do what you wanted.

admin
mosy

Post by mosy »

Thank you admin - good to hear :)
simon

Post by simon »

So what is the difference between wanting to know the best chiropodist and wanting to know who provides the best breakfast? One is wanted and the other in the café.
mosy

Post by mosy »

simon, I suppose logically the Wanted and Offers relate to a specific need or service by a particular poster which can receive recommendations or adverts whereas a contribution-based experiential rundown of several outlets or services is a promotion of Sydenham generally.

As to why it was decided that the Cafe shouldn't be used instead or as well has always escaped me, so have to await Admin's response.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The Cafe - as I have posted at the top of the Cafe threads - is not for wanted or offer requests because they have a specific section for those.

What is there to not understand about that?

And Mosy is quite right about the difference between the Cafe and the Wanted forums, as applied to the "best breakfast in Sydenham" thread.

Also - if you read what it says about the Cafe on the index page, it clearly mentions reviews as of being the sort of thing to include - hence reviews of places serving breakfast.
simon

Post by simon »

Ok thanks for that. Its clear now that if I said "where is the best place to get my feet treated?" it would have stayed in the Café.