Dodgy CD?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
JRobinson

Dodgy CD?

Post by JRobinson »

I have a question for anyone who knows anything about CDs?
(and/or Alanis Morissette)

I found a CD under a floorboard. it plays fine. on the coloured side is a nice image of what could be flames or hair, orange/red on a blue background, with white lettering 522. nothing else text wise on that side.
on the data side, around the centre I originally thought it said I'm 522 Alanis Morissete, but afterwards with a magnifying glass found that it says PM522 Alanis Morissette.

I can't find anything online that indicates that that singer every had an album by that name. but have found an album 'under rug swept' which the CD case images match the images on the colour side of this CD.

so the question, is this some rare copy of the original (which was recorded, coincidentally in the afternoon on 25th Feb 2002 ->~ 522?), or is this more likely a fake/dodgy copy of the original CD?
Homecroft

Re: Dodgy CD?

Post by Homecroft »

Sounds intriguing. Hope you get to the bottom of the mystery. No idea here myself I'm afraid.
JRobinson

Re: Dodgy CD?

Post by JRobinson »

I've looked at other CDs, and the one thing in common is that they all usually have quite a bit of text on them, copyright stuff, and the name of the album, etc. so I'm leaning towards this being a moody copy.