Accident in Forest Hill

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
syd-gal

Accident in Forest Hill

Post by syd-gal »

Not Sydenham related, but I'm just curious. Does anyone know what happened in Forest Hill this afternoon, around 3pm......... there was a black Audi car that had gone into the railings outside the old Barclays bank, just down from Costa coffee. That strange thing is the car was facing downhill, i.e. on the wrong side of the road, and on the 'one way' section. I went into Sainsburys and whilst I was there, a public message asked if anyone owned a black Audi. Don't know if that was just coincidence or if the police were looking for the driver.
syenhamboy

Re: Accident in Forest Hill

Post by syenhamboy »

Sounds like what happened is exactly as you said. Happens every day all the time. Not really Forum News
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

I was just curious.
I don't think accidents like that happen every day.
syenhamboy

Post by syenhamboy »

maybe not in forest hill but there are around 20,000 incidents a year in London alone.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Moved here as this topic is not specifically about Sydenham.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Accident in Penge on the radio of regrettably a woman killed whilst pushing an 8mth old in a buggy; the baby is in hospital, sadly the woman's number had come up :(
stuart

Post by stuart »

Mosy - Collision is the preferred term nowadays as it describes what actually happened with no implications as to whether it was accidental or not (which would be unknown at this point).

Whoever (if anybody) is to blame the chances of this fatal outcome would probably been much less if Bromley had adopted a 20mph limit and drivers had respected it. The problem is we really see the outcome of the investigations published in order to learn from them to know that for definate.

Tragic and the poor child (and driver) will have to live with the consequences.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46859321

Stuart
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

There is a gofundme appeal on Penge Tourist Board facebook page for funds to help the family should anyone wish to donate.
Razgriz_101

Post by Razgriz_101 »

Were there any collision marks on the car? It might have been pushed, or have drifted in this position before being left as is.
And thanks for the tip about the gofundme link, I'll see what I can send their way!