Michele Stodart St Bartholomew's Church Sat 16

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
SydArts

Michele Stodart St Bartholomew's Church Sat 16

Post by SydArts »

Following in the footsteps of Kathryn Williams, Romeo Stodart, Boo Hewerdine, Jill Jackson and singer, songwriter and solo artist Michele Stodart joins us this Saturday 16 November 8pm (Doors 7.30pm). St Bartholomew’s Church Westwood Hill SE26 6QR
Tickets https://sydenhamarts.co.uk/event/platfo ... e-stodart/

Michele Stodart is a solo artist as well as bassist, vocalist and co-songwriter with much loved, Mercury-Prize-nominated The Magic Numbers. The band recently released their fifth studio album, Outsiders, in May 2018 to great critical acclaim. In 2012, Michele self released an album of her own songs, Wide-Eyed Crossing, a southern drenched journey into Americana country blues. “I never thought I’d release a solo album, but I needed closure from those songs, so recording them was the only way to truly move on.” Michele continued writing, and started using her skills on bass, guitar and backing vocals, which led to many projects on stage and in the studio with artists including Kathryn Williams, David Ford, Ren Harvieu, David Kitt, O’Hooley & Tidow amongst many others. Michele later signed to none other than Bjork’s record label One Little Indian releasing her second solo album Pieces in 2016. The album and Michele’s intimate heart wrenching live performances really sets her apart from her peers and proves she is an artist and songwriter in her own right. There’s plans to record a new album this year.

“To say that Michele’s songs are ‘rich’ is rather an understatement – it has become the norm for the majority of people at her gigs to leave either speechless, or (and more often the case) crying…. Michele’s solo music is truly breathtaking.” – For Folk’s Sake