Wasp Nest

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
bretty

Wasp Nest

Post by bretty »

Does anyone know a good wasp nest exterminator in the area?
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Get on to the council. Lewisham charge £50, bromley £43, cheaper if you're on benefits. Failing that, get on a ladder and hit it with a stick a few times.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

If you are going to hit the nest with a stick, it's best to do it in your underwear and smother your body in treacle :D

Best to get the Council to do it as now is the best time of year. The nest will be easy to find with so much activity. If they do not remove all of the nest you will get return visits for many years. £50 sounds good value

Alib
Last edited by ALIB on 23 Jun 2008 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

ALIB wrote:If you are going to hit the nest with a stick, it's best to do it in your underwear and smother your body in treacle :D
Ha ha! You've obviously done this before!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Silly question - but is it occupied? Many are not and can be removed without problem. It just a case of being sure. Even so when I removed a huge apparently deserted nest I donned full motorcycle gear and had a finely tuned escape route just in case.

And no, I'm not for hire ;-)

Admin
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Incidently, the playground was shut in Wells Park yesterday (Monday) as there was one in there. In fact I saw at least 2 more outside towards the toilets, too.

Just to warn you, in case you take children down there with swimming cossies, towels, cool bax, etc. like we did yesterday after school! :cry: