Regency club

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Thomas

Regency club

Post by Thomas »

I was walking along Spring Hill over the weekend and noticed a place called the Regency Club - is this still open? Does anyone know what it's like? I don't normally walk round there so my curiosity was aroused.
lambchops

Re: Regency club

Post by lambchops »

Thomas wrote:...my curiosity was aroused.
it's not a strip club!
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

it's not a strip club!
:( :( :( :( :(
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Used to be part of Walter Cobb's . God knows what it is now but vaguely recall could be snooker or pool but could be wrong
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It was basically a drinking club. That was helpful with the hours in the old days. It had some function rooms including a mini-ballroom where the Rotary Club incongruously met for many years. It closed about 5 years ago.

Admin
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

a mini ballroom? i wonder if it's available for hire?
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

lambchops wrote:a mini ballroom? i wonder if it's available for hire?
I shouldn't think so, it's been boarded up and looking very sorry for itself for years!
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

A bit of a resurrection with talk of the Pavilion and the Greyhound. I did a quick google search of the Regency Club and found this thread.

What if the Regency Club became a new hang out for bright young and old things? Imagine if the inside is unchanged how fab and original retro it would be? Imagine if the ballroom started holding community events - it could even become a small cinema?

Can the space be brought back to life? And if so how? What do people know?

G-Man
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

I e-mailed a whole bunch of places a few weeks back when I was getting all sorts of excited about the prospect of moving to Sydenham (still in process but fingers crossed things are going well/looking good) and the chat about pubs. Here is a list of the places I mailed (and the best found contact emails) - not sure best way to mass email and not sure if people would rather aim for one specific company aka Antic or a wider variety. I'm no local (yet) so will leave it in all of your capable hands (especially as they have all already received an email from me!):

Late Knights Brewery - Through website - http://www.lateknightsbrewery.co.uk/contact-us.html
Capital Pub Company - enquiries@capitalpubcompany.com
Antic - bossesear@anticlondon.com
Camden Bars - info@camdenbars.com (recently moved south of the river for the first time recently)
Fullers - fullers@fullers.co.uk

One I didn't but definately worth a go after another search is Renaissance Pubs (A number of slightly upmarket but very nice gastropubs in South London) - feedback@renaissancepubs.co.uk
clembot

Post by clembot »

G-Man wrote:A bit of a resurrection with talk of the Pavilion and the Greyhound. I did a quick google search of the Regency Club and found this thread.

What if the Regency Club became a new hang out for bright young and old things? Imagine if the inside is unchanged how fab and original retro it would be? Imagine if the ballroom started holding community events - it could even become a small cinema?

Can the space be brought back to life? And if so how? What do people know?

G-Man

Did you look any further into this? I'd love to look inside, I had a similar idea
The Clown

Post by The Clown »