Lawrie Park Road history - please help

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!

Lawrie Park Road history - please help

Post by Guest »

I have recently moved to Sydenham and live in the victorian terrace of maisonettes at the Sydenham end of Lawrie Park Road. I have been trying to find out the history of them, can anyone help ? - Gill
Eagle

Lawrie Park Maisonettes

Post by Eagle »

I have friends who have been living there for over 10 years. I believe they are Edwardian but could be wrong.
I will point out the web site to them
Steve Grindlay

Post by Steve Grindlay »

Lewisham Local History Centre (in the main library at Lewisham) has a wonderful set of records called Drainage Applications. Whenever a building was connected to the main drainage system, detailed plans had to be submitted to the local authority for approval. However, they give far more than just drainage information. They often give detailed building plans, the name of the builder and, if you are lucky, the name of the architect. and, of course, the date of the application gives a clue as to when they were built. Local Studies website is at: http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/localStudies/index.asp