Dry Cleaners

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
The Clown

Dry Cleaners

Post by The Clown »

Hi

Can anybody recommend a good dry cleaners? I would like to get my bridesmaids dress cleaned.

Thanks

Cx
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

I would ask Ring o Roses for recommendations. If the dress was bought there they might give you a discount with which ever dry cleaners they use.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

the dry cleaners in between the zebra crossing at the top of sydenham road, and the bookshop, is very good.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Thanks!
back_ache

Post by back_ache »

I take my suits to the one next to the station approach road, opposite to hsbc and lloyds tsb

Never had a problem with them, but then I've never worn a bridesmaid dress or any kind of dress not even a kilt and you'd never catch me wearing one of those sarongs that David "Golden Balls" beckham wears, no way, not even on holiday, but I like his sandals.
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

I would agree with back_ache - I use the same one all the time and find them very reasonable and they give the clothes a good press afterwards. From memory it's called Dry Cleaning by Ray?

As a strong note of caution I have had nothing but negative experience when I have used the one near Acorn, "Aplanda" I think it's called. Not only are they over priced and surly, I had then remove and re-fix all the buttons on my partners coat only for them to duly come off within weeks. When she took it back they claimed that they hadn't done the work "that's not our thread" was their reason yet they must remember doing the work (I hazard a guess that seldom do they remove and re-sew ALL the buttons on a coat).

Avoid that one like the plague.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Hi

I went with the one just on the left as you go over the bridge from the railway station. They did a great job and the chap was really nice. I would recommend them

Cx
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

i just wanted to bump this thread back up the forum.

i took three ties to the dry cleaners next to kirkdale bookshop, which even sir les patterson would throw away, and which i thought were totally ruined.

once again, he worked wonders, and i now have three as new ties.

only one fifty a pop too.
Cod

Post by Cod »

Definitely the one near the bookshop - always used it for my suits before I changed job and could get them done more cheaply with a staff discount elsewhere.