Lokal

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
charlie

Lokal

Post by charlie »

It looks like one of the area's few good restaurants is about to become a fish & chip shop. Can anyone shed some light on what went wrong with this place? The food was genuinely great, and it always seemed busy - so much so that the last couple of times I tried to go I couldn't get a table. Can the high street really sustain yet another low-rent fast food joint? Apparently it can. How depressing...
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

What a shame - I hadn't even had a chance to try it yet!
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

me neither. nowt wrong with a good fish and chip shop though - let's hope it has mushy peas and holland's pies (a comment for northern refugees only).
stuart

Post by stuart »

Whatever fishcox - but I for one will be loyal to Kentman's in Kirkdale. Perhaps its a way of keeping a Turkish influence in our local diet. The lady there is a sweety. She always remembers our orders and asks after the kids.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

kentmans is also my choice for a local chippy - despite the lack of either of my aforementioned preferences. both their fish and their chips are superb.