Come dine with us

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Annie

Post by Annie »

There was no problem with taking booze to Crystal Palace park when the Proms were on,
just depends how responsible people are .
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Pedant alert.
Sorry, but the law very rarely differentiates between how responsible a person is. E.g how would you discriminate between a responsible car driver speeding down Sydenham Road and an irresponsible one speeding (though i doubt you could manage to get out of second gear at most times)? 35mph?, 37 mph?
You can't just say it is alright for some people to drink in public and not alright for others.

Based on what?

Sorry to be a dampener....of sorts

Ali B
Fuzzylilley

update

Post by Fuzzylilley »

Hey local guys and gals

If anyone is still interested on the idea let me know by sending me a message and i'll get in contact.

If you love the idea but may not be able to return the favour dont worry get in touch as we'd love to meet other Sydenham-ites and make friends in the area (its much easier to stumble home drunk when youre just round the corner hehe)

Hope to hear from you soon
Annie

Post by Annie »

ALIB wrote:Pedant alert.
You can't just say it is alright for some people to drink in public and not alright for others.

Based on what?

Sorry to be a dampener....of sorts

Ali B

Just to be even more pedantic than you Ali B,
I was not aware of ever saying that one group over another should be allowed alcohol in public?

all i was saying is that wine in the park shouldnt be a problem as it was allowed during the proms.

Everyone acted resposiblely and fun was had by all.
anything wrong with that.

As for over zealous PCSOs, They do a good job for the community and should be respected for that.
paultreacy

On pedantry...

Post by paultreacy »

Might I suggest that youngsters should not be allowed to drink in public. Let's face it, it's tolerated and it ought not be. Under 18s, I mean. Although it doesn't happen in London as much as it does elsewhere in the country. Plenty for youngsters to do here, for the most part.

As a society, we really ought to do a better job of looking after our young people. We need to involve them more in all aspects of life. Far too many are left to their own devices with little guidance or perspective.
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

Makes me think again about a community party picnic in the park around good food and friendship. And youngsters should be at the heart of it.

I'll think more on this. Right now I'm trying to figure out how I might best involve myself in the Arts Festival but I'd love to get some sort of community picnic thing happening, somehow. Ideas?
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

A big family day in the park would be brilliant.

Ever heard of Lemon Jelly? They hold concerts in places, where children are positively encouraged to come along.

Something like that, in the summer, Crystal Palace Park, the bowl, Lemon Jelly, coats for goalposts, isn't it? Marvellous.
oin

Post by oin »

I like the idea of the big family picnic. Planning around the weather tends to be the drawback though ...
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

lemon jelly have a gig in cpp soon?!
Barty

Post by Barty »

all the ducks are swimming in the water, lalalalalala, lalalalalala

Wasn't that them Lambchops?
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

unfortunately Lemon Jelly do not have a gig in the park, but i couldnt think of a better way to spend a few summer hours - i'm the rambling man.

any budding promoters out there, who want to see if they are interested?
yay!gosydenham!

Post by yay!gosydenham! »

I thought Lemon Jelly was reference to the picnic :lol: Obviously out of touch :wink: D
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

lemon jelly kick arse.

gutted.