free led walks! an opp for photographers / walkers to meet?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
yay!gosydenham!

free led walks! an opp for photographers / walkers to meet?

Post by yay!gosydenham! »

Dear all,

There are some free led walks all over London this weekend which look fab.I'm thinking of tackling this local one and thought it might be a great opportunity for like-minded photographers / walkers to meet:

Saturday January 31st 2009
Walk Route Borough Location

Crystal Palace to Streatham
Description: A rollercoaster of a walk across the ridges & valleys of the former Great North Wood - get your aerobic exercise today - great views reward the climb! Café & WCs at Rookery Gardens. WCs at Streatham Common.
Section: Section 4
Category: Urban Amble
Meet At: 11:30
Meeting Point: Crystal Palace Railway Station - click here to view route planner
Nearest tube station: Brixton or Tooting Bec
Finish: Streatham Common Station, 4 miles, approx 2.5 hours

Here's the link to the website http://www.walklondon.org.uk/our_led_wa ... coming.asp

Delphine
paultreacy

Walks

Post by paultreacy »

Delphine

I'll be on the other one up to Crystal Palace. It takes in the Horniman Gardens and onwards to the park. My wife and two youngsters will accompany for some of it. The lads' little legs will likely tire trying to keep pace with grownups but we'll see how we go.

Looking forward to seeing any photographs you might make.

It might be cold at the weekend. The forecast suggests so. We might all be in for some snow shots, in fact.

Best,
Paul Treacy

SydenhamShots
yay!gosydenham!

walk london this weekend...

Great! Look forward to sharing photos.. Hope you have / had fun! Delphine
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

I can't make it as I'm coming down with a cold or something. Thanks for posting it though I'll try & make the next one
yay!gosydenham!

Oh no not the dreaded cold. I had that last week. It knocked me out. Actually it was proper old fashioned flu. Hope you're ok. The walk was great. A nice bunch of people and what a beautiful day for it. We did 4 miles in 1.5 hrs and in that time went through 3 parks (4 if you include Crystal Palace where we started). Great to see so much green on an urban walk. I didn't take too many pics as we were walking pretty much most of the time but I took a few that are ok and I'll try to post them on the photo blog page. I'd recommend the walks. Next bunch during the May bank holiday I believe. Paul, how was your one? Sounds like a lovely route.. Bet your pics are great! All the best for now, Delphine
yay!gosydenham!

Hi Paul and Ronski... Can you let me know how you get your pics up here. I've tried copy and paste and it won't let me paste... What's the trick? Delphine :? [/img]
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Thanks Delphine, sounds like a nice walk.

If you click the Img button when writing your message, paste the path of your image then click the Img button again you should get something like this in your message...

Code: Select all

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3096/3232540914_4c294b2c09.jpg[/img]
that should give you this (Mayow Park)...
yay!gosydenham!

Thanks Ronski.. does that mean I can't upload it from my computer but have to link it to an existing website eg flickr?? (this could take longer than I thought!). Bah ! :-) D
yay!gosydenham!

yay!gosydenham!

Nope not working... Hmm... not sure what I need to do. If anyone can help this poor lost sole (!) please do... Kind regards, Delphine :roll:
yay!gosydenham!

yay!gosydenham!

Image[img]
yay!gosydenham!

Last edited by yay!gosydenham! on 1 Feb 2009 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
yay!gosydenham!

Last edited by yay!gosydenham! on 1 Feb 2009 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
yay!gosydenham!

yay!gosydenham!

yay!gosydenham!

yay!gosydenham!

Ronski

Post by Ronski »

looks like you got it work, you need the full path with the name.jpg bit at the end. I don't think you can upload directly here but you can get the image path pretty quickly from Flickr. I like the first one.
yay!gosydenham!

Thanks Ronski, I love taking photos but rarely get the opportunity to learn and improve. Do you know of any good courses or groups in the area? I'm keen to go out with people so I can pick up tips along the way. I hope your cough is better now.. D