Newlands Park near the high st

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
fuzzy logic

Newlands Park near the high st

Post by fuzzy logic »

PLEASE !! could anybody advise what to do about that shop/unit/jumble sale !? at the top of Newlands Park. I feel so sorry for the people who are living at the end near homecroft. People just keep on fly tipping and dropping stuff of for these people to sell. Last week when the road was closed they had all their goods on the road for sale !! I bet they couldn't believe their luck. I'm all for people earning a crust but this is an eye sore. They always have stuff like motorbikes and furniture on the pavement blocking the right of way and only yesterday my girlfriend who was pushing our daughter in a pram had to use the road as she couldn't get past !!!!

THIS NEEDS SORTING OUT NOW

Yet another thing dragging Sydenham down
Matt_G

Post by Matt_G »

I'm glad it annoys someone else. I was starting to think it was just me.

I don't like to complain, but just like you, when my wife could no longer push the buggy past their 'shop' without going into the road I though enough was enough. It brings the whole area down. I did once ask them nicely to take a bit more care, but they were less than polite (some might say agressive)

So last week I used this link to inform Lewisham. (It would be good if others wanted to add their voice to mine)

http://www.lewisham.gov.uk/ContactUs/Em ... o=highways

I have to say they were very impressive - I was emailed the very next day by an official who has visited the site, spoken to the owner and pointed out the error of their ways. Apparently, he will be visiting again.

I have also found out that the do not have permission to cover the pavement with their 'goods'. Given the width of the pavement (and the location of the lamp-post) I doubt this would be permitted either. Lets hope that means they will sort themselves out (or with a bit of luck, find a more suitable location)
fuzzy logic

Post by fuzzy logic »

Good work Matt

Hopefully it will get sorted out now.