Photographers: Deeper by Dawn?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
TimA

Post by TimA »

Good spot boon! One of the ITV editors saw it on my Flickr stream and emailed me asking to use it! It also got used by the Londonist. My Flickr stats have gone through the roof!
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Some photos from last night.

A dalek in Crystal Palace Park!!!

Also: an igloo large enough for several people!

Last edited by Juwlz on 3 Feb 2009 14:48, edited 5 times in total.
Barty

Post by Barty »

Lewisham Council wrote:Some great photos here.

We are just about to lauch a photo competition on flickr.
I'm launching a competition to spot a road which has been gritted by Lewisham Council. :x
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Barty,

They were not good but better than the roads I used in Southwark, Lambeth & Bromley yesterday. Southwark were better at pavements though. Getting up Westwood hill was not a problem. Getting up a slight slope in Tulse Hill was.

Admin
Last edited by admin on 3 Feb 2009 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
boon

Post by boon »

Barty wrote:I'm launching a competition to spot a road which has been gritted by Lewisham Council. :x
You might have trouble with the gaming commission for running a fraudulent unwinnable contest.
Barty

Post by Barty »

I shan't contaminate a photo thread about gritting any more, but as people seem to be fond of moaning about the company I work for for not providing a service, I don't see why I can't moan about the council I pay council tax to for not providing a service.

I don't think this issue has been discussed at enough length, either on this forum or anywhere else.
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Lets talk about Royal Mail .............. anyone seen them over the last two days? Yesterday they 'may' have had a valid excuse; but today :evil:

Maybe anyone with a camera who might see any Royal Mail staff delivering could they please put a picture up?

CityLink were delivery yesterday and today!
stuart

Post by stuart »

Post Office closed yesterday. Any spottings of the bin men today?

I noted Waitrose were still running artics through Sydders at the height of yesterday's chaos.

Stuart
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

How difficult can this be to post some picture? Admins wizardry should ensure all is well.

Bus stop on Dartmouth Road, opposite FH library

These trees are always very photogenic at whatever time of year. I wasn't able to frame it propoerly to keep out the clutter (like the McNicholas fancing at the back)

A bit belated, but it's the house on Lennard Road.

Ali B
Last edited by ALIB on 4 Feb 2009 11:53, edited 6 times in total.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

I like the trees one Alib.

The Dalek is excellent Juwlz :)

Well done Tim for making the news!
Tim Lund

Small glacier in Sydenham

Post by Tim Lund »

Okay - this is a slightly unusual one:

What you see is the line of snow that had accumulated on the upper part of my solar powered clothes drier* prop having slipped off ... except it didn't just fall, but assumed this interesting loop. How does that happen? I don't know, but I suspect it's similar to the physics of a glacier, in which ice manages to flow at the same time as keeping many of the physical properties of solid matter (I believe glass does the same, even more slowly).

* aka clothes line
paultreacy

Video

Post by paultreacy »

Not working. Damn.

I'll link elsewhere and report back.
Last edited by paultreacy on 3 Feb 2009 17:34, edited 4 times in total.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

The dalek is indeed the best snowman., though i did see a 'Close Encounters' alien on Dartmouth Road

Who says all modern cars look the same? Available only in white

Derby Hill Olympic bob team in action.

Ali B

(I also like Tim's picture of the snow snake. I remember studying physics and learning that glass is a super-cooled liquid and things about covalent bonding, and then i started feeling drowsy.....)
TimA

Post by TimA »

Seen at London Bridge this afternoon, I'm glad Sydenham is on the Purley line.

paultreacy

A short film: SYDENHAM BLIZZARD 2009

Post by paultreacy »

SYDENHAM BLIZZARD 2009 by Paul Treacy

I tried embedding it here but to no avail.

I hope you enjoy it. It'll be fun looking back on this film in years to come, I hope.

Paul Treacy
photo at paultreacy.com
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

How much do I love this thread..?

Nearly as much as I love my picture from this morning... Its not a Dalek, nor is it local (sorry for polluting the thread) but Canary Wharf needs the laughs right now

MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

I'm not posting any more now. I look like a thicky not able to post my flipping threads...
GRRRR
Peak Hillbilly

Post by Peak Hillbilly »

It's great seeing all the photos from the last two days - especially liked the station ones. I tried to upload two I'd taken from Sydenham Woods yesterday without luck, but have been photographing there on a regular basis. Have just started a Flickr page + will upload more soon - the link is here if you'd like to look (you'll see the theme pretty quickly!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35106412@N08/

-------------
Hope this is right, Admin
paultreacy

For Minifox

Post by paultreacy »

THESE SHOTS ARE BY MINIFOX.
© MINIFOX.

Hope this works for you, Minifox. I think the secret is to keep the img tags and the address tight. No spaces. When in flickr, choose all sizes and select the size you'd like to embed, click it and when it comes up, right click to copy the url. That's it.

Paulyman.
Last edited by paultreacy on 3 Feb 2009 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
Peak Hillbilly

Post by Peak Hillbilly »

Thanks for your comments Ronski!

Just noticed that one of my flickr pics (not even shot in this snowfall) is exactly the same crop and tone as one just posted by Paul Treacy on behalf of Mini Fox! Perhaps people would like to check out the similarity!