Angies flowers

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
multisync

Angies flowers

Post by multisync »

Anyone know why Angies flower stall has moved from outside "Sydenham Hypermarket" t outside the P.Office and the fruit seller to the side of Hypermarket.
scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

the new postition is to help deter the street drinkers, bring the flowers closer to the street and help change the environment even if just a little bit
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Good Policy
If anyone can deter the alcolohics it is Mrs Dearie.
scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

exactly!
simon

Post by simon »

In moving she has freed up the front of the Hypermarket for the street drinkers. A better space for them as it affords some cover from the rain. I see they have installed an armchair there.
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

simon wrote:In moving she has freed up the front of the Hypermarket for the street drinkers. A better space for them as it affords some cover from the rain. I see they have installed an armchair there.
Probably a plus for everyone. Whilst the A-team were no social asset to the neighbourhood they seemed mostly harmless, and having a covered space at the back of a broad stretch of pavement means they can watch the world go by whilst the more sensitive passers-by can give them a wide berth.

Regards
Chris
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

I prefer the smell of flowers over booze any day.