Spring Hill tip

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Jack

Spring Hill tip

Post by Jack »

Does anyone know of anything that's been done or not about the tip just down from The Regency Club on Spring Hill?

Things seems to be getting worse, it's spilling out onto the pavement and there's more rats about.

Can we get this cleaned up?
Matt_G

Post by Matt_G »

yuk - there was a similar thing on the corner of the high street and Newlands Park which I reported to Lewisham. They were actually quite quick to sort it out.

My advice - use the phrase "Obstructing the pavement". They're pretty hot on that.

Whilst that should sort out the problem for now, it might be worth getting them to have a word with whoever is responsible for it. You can contact them via the Lewisham website.

Hope this helps
Good luck !
Matt
orgone

Spring Hill tip

Post by orgone »

If only ...

Lewisham was unconvinced when we called them. It's commercial property and they didn't want to know. They wouldn't tell me who owned the property, though.

However, I found out by asking around the name/phone number of the landlords and called them on Monday 20.09. I gave my mobile number and asked for a return call but heard nothing. Calling back a couple of days later, I was told that someone in the company was aware of the situation and that they were planning to clean the space out (again). This is apparently the 3rd time they've had to do it.

If they put up a proper fence or put thespace to better use it would eliminate the tipping problem.
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Well done for trying to sort this out - it is a complete rubbish dump at the moment.

There is also always something dumped by the recycle bins (by which I mean something like a washing machine or sofa!). I'm always tempted to report it, but if people see that things that are dumped just get cleared away, doesn't it just encourage them to do it again?
Matt_G

Post by Matt_G »

If it's anything like the corner of Newlands Park and the high street, people (like sheep) only tend to dump rubbish once someone has started the ball rolling. Last week we had a broken table - within a couple of days there was a matress and a fridge !

Where do they all come from?