Rugby Union Live In Your Local?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
The Clown

Rugby Union Live In Your Local?

Post by The Clown »

It's easy to find a boozer to watch the football - but what about the Rugger?

Where is the nearest bozer where you can catch a game and where is the best...or do you really have to travel...
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

hi clown

in the past i have ususally had to negotiate with friendly bar staff, to put rugby on.

failing that, the best thing to do is go to your local rugby club, and see if they are showing the games (there are a few around the copers cope road area - the old natwest sports club, and hsbc too) in their respective bars.

to my shame, i took the murdoch shilling, so if there is nothing of any importance on the two thousand kids channels, my boy lets me watch the rugby.
Rodeoclown

Re: Rugby Union Live In Your Local?

Post by Rodeoclown »

The Clown wrote:Where is the nearest bozer where you can catch a game and where is the best...or do you really have to travel...
Following a desperate search two weeks ago for the Australia game I discovered that the Bricklayer's Arms and the Railway Telegraph are seemingly the only two in the area, and they both show international matches, as well as Six Nations.

I went to the Bricklayers - decent atmosphere.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Thanks!