Penge Snooker Club

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
thebackster

Penge Snooker Club

Post by thebackster »

Is anyone familiar with the Penge Snooker club? It looks a little unwelcoming from the outside but I was curious as to what it was like inside?

Is it members only or can any 'novice' pop in and pay & play?
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

:shock: I have been once and from I can remember you can pay for a years membership on the day - from what I remember when I went it was £7 but they only have 5 tables and if its busy you ain't gonna get one ! - I would suggest a rileys or something - I went to the one in Croydon and it was (as long as you know a member to get in there in the first place) £3 guest day fee or £5 year subs - the quality of the tables was much better as were the friendly staff. GOOD LUCK
Ginge

Post by Ginge »

It is very much a 'pop in pop out' sort of place. Although the actual tables are playable, the 16 year old kids smoking their wacky baccy on the next table can affect your play! (Or maybe I'm looking for excuses for poor performance!). For a reasonable game I would suggest the snooker hall in Brockley near St William of York School. 8)