recycling bins

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
DaveT

recycling bins

Post by DaveT »

Now that Lewisham are operating a more general recycling policy - i.e. green bins can be used for plastic bottles, glass, card, paper etc - does anybody know if there are plans to offer larger recycling containers?

Bi-weekly pickups just don't quite match the size of our bin...

[ perhaps the fault is our own - need to look more at organic and bio-degradable packaging. ]
danstevens

Post by danstevens »

hi dave

we have the same problem so ordered a larger recyling bin (same size as a normal wheely bin) from the council about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Still no sign of it though.........
DaveT

Post by DaveT »

aah, well - it's a fast moving council when it comes to tax hikes... spending is sometimes a different matter ;-)

Who did you contact ? (or where did you find the contact - if you can remember )

thanks!
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

try calling Envirocall - i'm not certain if they are actually part of Lewisham council - i think they are a sub contractor. they sort out all the refuse and recycling collections. their number is 0208 314 7171.

we also got a selection of wheely bin sized recycling facilities for our road, and sometimes they forget to empty them, which is a nightmare.

there are 3 of them; one for paper and cardboard, one for plastic bottles and tins, and one for glass bottles.

the surreal thing is, you sort out your plastic bottles and tins from your glass bottles - and then both bins are collected together, and tipped into the same vehicle. explain that.

anyhow, Envirocall should get you what you need.
reasontobecheerful

Post by reasontobecheerful »

Ordered 2nd bin via number found on the website. Arrived quite promptly.