Needing somewhere to work from

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
alywin

Needing somewhere to work from

Post by alywin »

Hi. I'm just about to start a new life as a freelancer, but my dining room table's way too small to work off, and I'm stuck for space for storing papers, books etc. I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere in the Sydenham/Penge/Anerley/Beckenham/Croydon area where there might be some sort of small office available? I'd need a fairly large desk, room for a PC and printer, plus a fairly good amount of shelf/bookcase space. Otherwise I may just have to go and squat in the local library ...

Thanks for any suggestions.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

There are serviced offices at Anerley Town Hall - call in or give them a ring on 8676 5666
BingBong

Post by BingBong »

Kirkdale Business Centre at Cobbs Corner has space as well, I believe. No contacts I'm afraid, you might need to look for the door and ask!
alywin

Post by alywin »

Thanks, both of you - will check those out. I thought I'd subscribed to this thread, but didn't get a notification, hence the delay in replying :)
alywin

Post by alywin »

BingBong wrote:Kirkdale Business Centre at Cobbs Corner has space as well, I believe. No contacts I'm afraid, you might need to look for the door and ask!
Thought I'd post some feedback here in case it's of use to anyone else - am currently making a huge effort to find somewhere owing to a very noisy neighbour playing music all day every day.

The Cobbs Corner place is actually called Regent Business Centre, and is currently advertising in the South London Press, but doesn't have a website or give any specific prices.

The offices in Anerley Town Hall look nice, but are about 150-200% of what I was hoping to pay.

There are also some offices above Boots in Penge, and some others down on Beckenham Road between the tram stop and Clock House station, but I haven't investigated them yet, so don't know if they have anything the right size for me.