Who has had post today??

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Nickerbockers

Who has had post today??

Post by Nickerbockers »

I'm off work at the moment, and have found that sometimes post comes... somtimes it doesn't! I'm waiting for a few bits from Ebay, and so far today - it's now 3pm - no post has arrived! I live in block with 9 flats, all our post gets put into a shared letterbox... and nobody has any!!

Anyone in Sydenham had any post yet?? :(
juniper

Post by juniper »

Post? What's that? Oh, hang on, I remember...

According to royalmail.com, there are limited (probably no) deliveries in London today. They've got quite a useful link on their homepage that gives details of which towns will be lucky enough to receive their mail on which days. Sad that it's becoming routine to check that, really.
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

God it's an appalling service isn't it!? You never know whether you can expect any post or not! It really makes me mad - I've been off for two months now, and there's been several days I can think of that I've received nothing! :evil:
simon

Post by simon »

I haven't had any post today, but on Monday I had two deliveries. The first came at 9 am and contained 9 letters, of which two were for me; six were for neighbours on either side and another for somebody around the corner, not even the same street. When I saw one of our regular postmen he told me that was the Saturday delivery whing could,'t be delivered because postmen were on leave. He then "some random postman must have delivered them", which seemed about right as they were certainly delivered randomly.
Hopeless!
multisync

Post by multisync »

AND WILL WE HAVE POST TODAY!
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

I just don't know what they're playing at - as for will we have post today... who knows!?? I still have some LoveFilm DVDs floating about somewhere in the postal system - or praps they've been stolen en-route, they're not exactly disguised with 'LoveFilm' printed all over them. And all the Ebay stuff I'm waiting for... praps they'll arrive by Christmas! :roll:
marianne

Post by marianne »

I got post at 10.15am this morning, but none yesterday.
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

Whereabouts in Sydenham are you Marianne - coz at 12.20am we still have nothing in Kent House Road. :x
bigtitt

Post by bigtitt »

I had 17 letters in the post yesterday. Not one was for my address!

I have emailed a complaint but have had nothing back (probably lost in post).
marianne

Post by marianne »

Hi Nickerbockers - I live off Dartmouth Road next to Sydenham Girls School.
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

No post again in Kent House Road today.... :x :evil:
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

We had what appeared to be about a week's worth of post delivered this morning in Venner Road.

I'm still waiting for a letter that was sent first class on Wednesday though.

I'm fed up with this shocking service; does anyone know of a reasonably-priced alternative for sending letters domestically?
alywin

Post by alywin »

As far as I can see, most of the disruption has been down to the postcode-selective strikes going on in central London for the last few weeks: http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/cont ... d=99700760

For instance, I mailed a letter first class from the office a week or two ago which took a good week to reach its intended recipient, 3 miles away. If you can get into the non-London postcodes (BR3, CR0) a short distance away and post your letters there, you may find they avoid a lot of the disruption, but of course that doesn't help if you're waiting to receive things.
Sarah BJ Turner

Post by Sarah BJ Turner »

Saturday lunchtime at exactly 1.55 I saw a postman with at least one handful of letters (at least 20) posting them in the letterbox on the corner of Lawrie Park Road and Westwood Hill.

Could anyone (including the Postman on this site) please give us all an explanation as to why?
multisync

Post by multisync »

I received no post yesterday! and wonder if i'll get any today.
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

No post yet in Kent House Road... looks as if nothing is going to arrive. I give up at about 3.30pm usually and that's only an hour away... cheers Posties!?? :x
maestro

Post by maestro »

Why can't they just give the mail to those guys who deliver the pizza and curry house leaflets? That way we'd get at least three deliveries a day, even on Sundays. Then the ones on those little mopeds that actually deliver the food, could even bring our parcels too, plus they'd probably even promise to give you a pound back if they were more than half an hour late bringing your parcels! (the Post Office won't even deliver your parcels, they just stick a card through your door stating that you've one to go and collect!) Problem sorted. :D
Willy

Post by Willy »

I had post today, a parcel delivered at 7:55am
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

On Friday I received a letter posted over a week before telling me I had to reply by ... Friday!

Today I received a letter posted 3rd September!
multisync

Post by multisync »

I think maybe the post gets delivered on alternate days in different areas.You used to see a lot of posties either walking around or on pushbikes.Now a lot of them drive around and maybe the roadworks in the area delay them!!