So... I gotta question..

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Seifer

So... I gotta question..

Post by Seifer »

Well, 2 actually.

Despite the fact that I've been registered here since 2006, I've only recently started posting / taking a sustained interest in the area since I've come back to the UK.

Now, it might possibly be due to my advancing years but I'm actually finding myself wanting to get more involved in "local stuf" and getting to know who, exactly, I share a neighbourhood with. Now, I'm not exactly after named stickers and a life biography or whatnot, but I'm curious as to whether there is regular meetups?

And something of interest to me personally, as I love travelling, is whether anyone has been to any other Sydenhams' across the planet?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

There are Sydenhams in Belfast (just near Belfast City Airport), Christchurch (New Zealand), Melbourne and Sydney that have been mentioned in a thread a few months ago which you can search for.

As for meet-ups, some of us met up for a walk around Crystal Palace Park yesterday which we arranged through this site. It's been a while since the last one, but there have been a few forum social meet-ups in various pubs - not sure if there is demand for another one (but correct me if I'm wrong). On a more active note, meeting up for five a side football was instigated on this site in the summer and most of the organising continues here.

If you want to know more about what goes on in the area (and possibly influencing future developments), I would also suggest joining the Sydenham Society.

Hope this helps.
Seifer

Post by Seifer »

To quote Bill & Ted, "Excellent."

Many thanks for your response.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Seifer - yes we did regular meet ups but I'm guilty of not organising one lately. However, I hope to be down at the Golden Lion this Friday: http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4113

We could have STF pre-meet at 8pm and grab all the best seats!

Admin
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I tried to organise something by starting a thread recently bu tit didn't garner much interest.

I suppose a better strategy would be to say "I'm going to be at a certain pub at a certain time...come and join me if you want"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So can I rely on you to buy Mr & Mrs Admin the first round this Friday :wink:

Admin
Seifer

Post by Seifer »

I'll see if I can drop by.

Don't have a clue what anyone looks like but it'll be amusing coming along at least!
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Bensonby, I've heard of a blue tit, is a 'bu tit' a juvenile? javascript:emoticon(':D')