Where can I buy a sledge?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Nina M

Where can I buy a sledge?

Post by Nina M »

I've heard there will be lots of snow and am keen to buy a sledge so I can take my daughter out in the snow! Anyone got any ideas where I can buy one locally? Halfords is sold out apparently, and I don't think they do them at Sainsburys..
Savvygirl

Post by Savvygirl »

Online at Amazon.co.uk or search "sledge" on-line - there's a large selection at various prices.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Ironically I wouldn't wait for a delivery when there is even a smattering of snow about. If Halfords have any they will be gone.

Experience from the last major snowfall in Crystal Palace Park is that an ordinary plastic tray (bigger the better) gives a fast and suitably uncontrolled descent. For those that have no trays - a large plastic bag is a surprising asset.

As ever you can go a lot further and a lot faster than expected and the only sure direction is downward. Be very careful to ensure you are going to end up somewhere safe. There have been some horrid injuries when encountering fences and even barbed wire.

Those that have no trays or bags will hopefully enter the usual informal but keenly fought snowman competition.

Enjoy.
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

I would agree that for downhill runs a rubble bag gives excellent performance. Even in Sweden a lot of the kids use plastic sheets (a bit like a flexible tray) with a handle attached. I am going there tomorrow and may bring back one 'for the grandchildren'.

Regards
Chris
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

I will give you a sledge for free:

You Poms are crap at cricket!

heheh
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I reckon a few sickies will be thrown today!

Any employer looking for an errant employee would do well to head to CPP Park or Hampstead Heath etc...might find their employees are in much ruder health than first thought!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

lambchops wrote:I will give you a sledge for free:

You Poms are crap at cricket!

heheh
Here's another:

Who won the ashes?