SHED LOAD OF LOVE

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
pip

SHED LOAD OF LOVE

Post by pip »

Due to popular demand SHED LOAD OF LOVE will be playing live at the Golden Lion this friday ( 15th January )

Band starts about 9.00pm ADMISSION FREE
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Hi Pip,
I,m off out to the golden lion for some free live music courtesy of A Shed Load Of Love.
If I survive the poor toilets, thieves trying to punt knock off gear and the general lower standard of person I might just catch a glimps of my betters feasting themselves at the Dolphin.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Try to have fun nimbyboy.

By the way, my DVD sounds as if it might be on it's way out. You couldn't have a word with a few likely looking characters that will doubtless be there? See if they've some with the old five-fingered discount? My preference would be blu-ray but it depends how 'productive' their day has been. Try the geezers standing outside smoking their tabs.

PM me if you get any joy and don't catch anything from the loos?

Ta muchly.
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

:roll:
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Gregory, what would your mum say ? Grow up and play nicely with the other children.Theres a good boy
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Shock horror! He knows my name. Am I safe? Have I been targeted next? Best double-check the locks when I go to the Blue Mountain later.

Remember, little man, you reignited this debate with your painfully predictable post which was weighed down with those working-class chips on your shoulders. The thread and pip's post had nothing to do with the diabolical standard of that pub and most of it's patrons. Nobody needed to know you were going nor did you need to corrupt pip's bit of advertising, you could have suffered your shame in private...

Perhaps one day they'll invent an inverse snobbery emoticon for nork1 and yourself. In the meantime he can keep banging the 'it wasn't my fault, it was the system/circumstance that made me turn out like this' drum. Looks like he has finally found a soulmate.

I'll do my very best to grow up nimbyboy. Perhaps in the spirit of acting like mature adults you might wish to attend a foundation course in grammar? It might even help in your career? Assuming you have anything that resembles one... :wink:
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Bram

Post by Bram »

Ulysses

Before recommending other people attend a foundation course in grammar, check out the rules for when it's "its" or "it's". Misplaced apostrophes can look terribly lower class :D
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

I love a good set of apostrophes, however they are placed.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Bram wrote:Ulysses

Before recommending other people attend a foundation course in grammar, check out the rules for when it's "its" or "it's". Misplaced apostrophes can look terribly lower class :D
Perhaps you'd be so kind Bram as to point out where and when my posts incorrectly contained an apostrophe?

I've pored over it and to mine mere knowledge I can see no errors...

Are you sure there is one? Or are you another Golden Lion irregular who thought they'd weigh into the debate?

Anyway, I'd best be careful about 'debating' with those who sup in the Golden Lion. After all, the place and it's patrons fiercely protect it's long-standing reputation as somewhere you might enter alive but end up something else entirely. Just ask Danny Morgan's family...

BTW - any incorrect uses of apostrophes there Bram?
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Or you could enter the Dolphin and later leave on another [far superior...and possibly sublime] plane entirely!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

An astral plane Trawlerman?

Fan of Donnie Darko per chance?
pip

Post by pip »

My God! I find myself yawning at most of your posts Ulysses but you have surely gone too far this time. You have proved once and for all that you have either very little taste, no taste at all or as I have just witnessed regarding your reference to Daniel Morgan, extremely bad taste.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dare one add that we have travelled far from the origins of this thread and heading towards an unhelpful flame war. I've enjoyed Shedload twice before and was sorry to have to miss Friday's performance whether it was in the Golden Lion or The Dolphin.

Who is performing this week?

Admin
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Or 'pip' in the words of Nimbyboy...

"Cohee! Pip! Hello! Cohee, over here pip! Remember when I came to your street party? 11 years it it? Cohee! pip! Hello? Nimbyboy here! Remember me? You not chatting to me pip?"

Repeat plaintive post ad nauseum...

Honestly pip, it's not your fault you are afflicted with the pitiful task of working at The Golden Lion. But I will tell you that you run or work in a rough bar full of rough people. Intentionally or otherwise. Out of interest, were you 'yawning' when Daniel Morgan had his head stoved in with an axe lest you "didn't see nothing, Guv"?

The sooner The Golden Lion pisses off and ceases to be basically, where the patrons of 'The Twohalfwits' go when they turn 18, the better for all.

As I walked past it today I saw a great set of windows, but a sh*thole beyond that. Tout De Suite will it be 'gastropubed', I'm sure you agree, 'pip'?...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think I will repeat my last post and question A LITTLE LOUDER ...

Dare one add that we have travelled far from the origins of this thread and heading towards an unhelpful flame war. I've enjoyed Shedload twice before and was sorry to have to miss Friday's performance whether it was in the Golden Lion or The Dolphin.

Who is performing this week?

Admin
Bram

Post by Bram »

Since you ask, Ulysses
I've pored over it and to mine mere knowledge I can see no errors...

it's here:
the diabolical standard of that pub and most of it's patrons
The "it's" here should be "its". Here's the rule:

http://www.future-perfect.co.uk/grammar ... ip-its.asp

and here are some examples for you to work through:

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/arts/exercises ... age_58.htm

Come back when you've got it.
digime2007

Post by digime2007 »

Thanks for those links. I've been confused about that one for years.

Mind you, I have to say that policing spelling and grammar is so pointless. Like trainspotting but with letters.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I deleted a post from this thread for continued flaming.
Now who is performing this week?

Admin
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

I hope it's not a singer with apostrophied tits.