Female Staff dog found.

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
sarahc

Female Staff dog found.

Post by sarahc »

Has anyone lost a beautiful brown, female staff?

A lady found one this morning down by Kwik Fit. She used her scarf as a lead and took it to the pet shop. She couldn't stay and the staff couldn't keep it at the pet shop, so I offered to take it home and call the dog warden.

She has been collected now and will be held for 3 days at Lewisham somewhere, then off to Battersea Dogs Home :( .

She was very friendly, and very young. Perhaps a year old? It looks like she has had puppies recently ish.

If you know of anyone who has lost this dog - please ask them to contact the Dog Warden on 0208 314 2098. She has not been micro chipped.

The 'good' side of me is hoping that she wasn't thrown out and just escaped.

I have a photo, but not sure how to get on here from my phone?

Sarah
Last edited by sarahc on 18 Jan 2010 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

It took a while before I realized you were talking about a 4 legged animal!
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

LOL! Have amended title now!

:D
Yellow Peril

Post by Yellow Peril »

SarahC,
I just wanted to say how very kind I think you are in taking this dog into your home. If only there were more kindly souls like yourself. Are you usually so public-spirited or just an animal lover?
Unfortunately, it would appear that this particular breed of dog is reduced to being no more than a status symbol. They can be very loving pets when properly trained and cared for. I don't believe people realise how much attention and training puppies require. They're such high-maintenance pets.
Anyways, well done!
davegr

Post by davegr »

Indeed. Well done Sarah. We have a female staffie and they can be wonderful dogs. She was found abandoned by Battersea.

Hope your little lady finds her owner and she just escaped rather than being abandoned.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

Oh I am daft on animals. Yellow Peril - you know me too well :wink: !

I have left a message for the Lewisham Animal Welfare to call me back as I want to know if she has been claimed. I doubt it though.

Thanks guys!
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

She indeed was dumped. Obviously served her purpose of producing highly priced puppies :( .

She is now at Battersea. I hope she gets good home. God knows she deserves it.

:(
simon

Post by simon »

Thats awful Sarah, so another litter sold and the bitches will produce a litter and then be dumped themselves :(
mrs woman

Post by mrs woman »

Thats so sad. Animals also form attachments, she must be bewildered being dumped and lost her puppies too. :(

I hope she will find a better home. :)
davegr

Post by davegr »

Thats what had happened to our staffie that we got from Battersea. There are some heartless people out there. But she has a nice home now and is spoilt rotten.