Stolen Window Box

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
charlieandpip

Stolen Window Box

Post by charlieandpip »

Yesterday afternoon some strange individual took great pleasure in stealing one of our window boxes (from the front drive in broad daylight!).

It was an old Bollinger box (Jeroboam size) and has huge sentimental value as C bought it for me on our wedding day.

It left the scene full of earth and lovely tulips (not yet flowering) so I assume it must have been a 2 person job due to the weight of the earth.

It is worthless to anyone else as the wood is pretty much rotten after 10 years use as a window box.

Some may say it is a little odd to have a champagne box as a window box so we may have been asking for it but it was just a little fun. I guess I should be grateful that it has not been stolen in the last 7 years we have lived in Sydenham and it even remained safe when my car was stolen off the front drive in Oct 2008 (fishing rod through letter box trick :( ).

Any sightings gratefully received.....

Pip
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Whilst the perpetrators should have their testicles removed with a pair of garden shears, there is a possible upside here.
Charlie could buy you another case to empty....
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

Definitely sounds like a good reason for another jeroboam.
charlieandpip

Post by charlieandpip »

He did suggest that - bless! But then I feel the thief has won as we have to part with £185 of our hard earnt money. Though of course we do get the benefit of the booze!
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

The boogers. I better not tell G-lady as I want to get pots outside our house and when she lived in Brixton people had to shackle their pots to their fences to stop people running off with them. I've always been "This is Sydenham, it'll be fine!" well maybe not.

I reckon you were probably dealing with drunkie students who are probably cringing at their stupidity right now. Still, doesn't help your annoyance!

G-Man
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

The bastards. I hope it fell apart in the back of their car.