Keen cycle nuts in Sydenham ?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
paultreacy

Re: Keen cycle nuts in Sydenham ?

Post by paultreacy »

Wonderful. :D
eggnut

Post by eggnut »

Just wanted to say that I'm glad to see this thread as I'm not a cycle nut myself yet, but my husband is and we'll be moving to Sydenham in February. He currently cycles to work and claims he is looking forward to the better workout resulting from more hills, so we'll see how he feels about it after a month or two ;-)
stuart

Post by stuart »

You can get your bike security marked for free on the 10th Feb. Details: http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7312

Stuart
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

eggnut wrote:Just wanted to say that I'm glad to see this thread as I'm not a cycle nut myself yet, but my husband is and we'll be moving to Sydenham in February. He currently cycles to work and claims he is looking forward to the better workout resulting
from more hills, so we'll see how he feels about it after a month or two ;-)
Welcome to Sydders !!

Hope he gets down to the North Downs then... He'll love the hills around there.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
stuart

Post by stuart »

And if he wants to take in the South Down too, Ditchling by dawn awaits. Booking now:
http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/fnrttc ... st-1705782
(see sig of first post for more details & meet Sydenham Station @ 22:30)

For those who want an even more relaxed daylight ride over the North Downs - don't forget:
http://anerleybc.org/

Stuart
boredman

Post by boredman »

Severe weather won't stop me getting up Westwood tomorrow - I'll be wheeling the mountain bike out. Nothing's gonna stop me.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Goodness me - was it a bit like this?

[youtubes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIRiYXaMZAg[/youtubes]
boredman

Post by boredman »

Aye - it was just like that going down the path through the woods from Dulwich Woodhouse to Sydenham Hill station
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

With a sense of butchness and pride, I've been riding in shorts since Thursday. Anyone else made of Sydders steel got their lillywhite,pale knees out ? ;-)

cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Spring is here !! Time to get ya winter tyres off and start looking online for those fast slicks (just ordered myself some nice Conti GP4000S) Be good to hear from any new Sydders riders. Stay safe guys.

wrightie

Post by wrightie »

Legs came out prematurely in Feb, only to be covered up again a few days later. Now using 3/4 lengths and arm warmers, keeping mitts in my bag just in case. Seems to do the trick, cold mornings, slightly warmer evenings! Summer bike came out last week, complete with summer tyres, I hope thats not premature too!
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Yup, +1 with the full fingered gloves in the morning and mitts in the afternoon Wrighty. My mitts are tucked in the back pocket all this week. Short sleeves I reckon this week. ;-)

stuart

Post by stuart »

And for those of you wishing to refresh one's wardrobe without losing an arm and a leg (though the gilets are a bargain) - a reminder that this Thursday is the Lidl cycling clothing and accessories sale: lidl.co.uk

See you there?

Stuart
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Those gilets don't look bad at all Stuart.

cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

I went to a beginners track session at Herne Hill velodrome yesterday, great fun but hard work !! Legs were killing me last night. The hardest part was slowing down and eventually stopping on a fixed gear track bike, back pedalling on one of those fixie,s is no easy task I tell you.
Good value too, I got a induction to track riding and the basics to riding fixed gear then a decent little training session. Three hours of fun for £8 !!
I really would recommend this to anyone remotely interested in track cycling or just a great way to spend a couple of hours on a sunny Saturday.

cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Anyone else getting fed up with this wet weather ? Worst part of it I reckon is the soaking wet socks.

cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Just thought the start of the tour de France today is a good time to bump up this thread...

wrightie

Post by wrightie »

Fairly good start, for the sprinters anyway. Today is Cav's last chance for a while, lets hope he doesn't get crowded out again. Back from 5 glorious days in the Alps, home to rain, rain and more rain, bah!
stone28

Post by stone28 »

Hi guys,

I think most people here talk about road cycling but I can see that some MTB riders are also here. Where are good places to go MTB in Sydenham area? Sydenham Hill/Dulwich Woods would be first one I think but anything else? Also in Dulwich woods what are the best tracks to use for MTB?

Thanks in advance for any help,
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Sorry Stone I'm strictly road but I reckon someone on here can put you straight .... The North Downs are only about 45 mins away tho.