Central heating installers recommendation

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
taz

Central heating installers recommendation

Post by taz »

I have recently moved to Sydenham and currently have a warm air vent heating system. The system is very old and is not running very well. Can anyone recommend some good central heating installation companies.

Another question to add, does anyone have any experience in warm air based systems. any advice on them?

Thanks
c

Post by c »

We used Jamie Pinchen about a year ago to install complete boiler & ch system. He's in Essex somewhere.

JPSystems at blueyonder.co.uk

More locally, I think these have a good reputation, though I've never used them:

Mr N Cornes MIPHE RP
NCC Sth East Ltd
57 Vancouver Road, Forest Hill, LONDON, SE23 2AH
Phone 0208-291 7948

www.n-cservices.co.uk

I recognise one of the names (Claire Hollingsworth) in the references on their website - I sold her the flat with the ageing boiler (must have been about 14 years old by then), so the references seem to be genuine!

Don't know if either know anything about warm air based systems, but they may know of someone who does.
taz

Post by taz »

Thanks for your reply. I will contact them and see what they say.

We have had a terrible winter in our new house. It was freezing cold all the time even with the warm air unit on so will have to get this done asap.
dickp

Post by dickp »

pro gas. local company costs 1/3 less than major providers.
Seb

Post by Seb »

I also moved in a flat where there was warm air heating and I was so cold!! Once you are used to central heating you can't get used to warm air.
I used Progas and they were really good, considering that they had to install a new boiler and new radiator in each room.
Progas, 176 Sydenham Road, 020 8676 0101