Halloween

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
shorty

Halloween

Post by shorty »

Does anybody know whether the shops along the high street will be celebrating Halloween as they have done in previous years, handing out goodies to all of the youngsters in their costumes? This always seemed very popular so would be great if it was being repeated again............ :twisted:
NorthernIrelandSydenham

Re: Halloween

Post by NorthernIrelandSydenham »

That sounds cool.

I have a three year old and we got her a little spooky outfit the other day. What is there to do around here? with the emphasis on child, friendly, safe and no teenagers throwing whatever they find because it's coolio innit.
shorty

Post by shorty »

Yeah, it was pretty cool. It was in a similar format to the annual Easter egg hunt that is held on the High Street, in that various shops have a sticker in their window to indicate that they are participating. The littl'uns would go in and fill up their bags accordingly........

Shame if it isnt happening, as my two (5 and 3 year olds) really loved it - it also helps bring local people together and contributes to the feel that Sydenham does actually have a healthy community spirit....
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

I'll be home giving out treats with my 4 month old who will be dressed in a glow in the dark skeleton onsie, and my dog who will be dressed as a baby. Last couple of years we got a handful of kids trick or treating on my street, hopefully will get some again this year. I know it's not a big thing in England and it's very Americanised but it's a bit of fun for the little ones and I enjoyed it thoroughly when I was a little girl.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

De Frene Road is a good place to go trick or treating!!! :wink: :mrgreen:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I was told Lawrie Park Road is where they are going this year. Seems a wealthy road.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

De Frene Road?! tell me that's not true! :(

I might have to find my Super Soker 2000 out of the loft.... :twisted:
NorthernIrelandSydenham

Post by NorthernIrelandSydenham »

So when is Halloween in Sydenham? as in what night?

Halloween is massive back home, I'm still trying to feel it over here.

Are there are other kids things happening around sydenham this weekend?

Thanks.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

This Sunday.

:evil:
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

I'm thinking any really spookily dressed up kids might appreciate some slugs from my garden, so I'll have a small pot of them to offer as treats ...
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

We'll definitely have a jack o' lantern out tomorrow night. Bring on the trick-or-treaters!
MiniFox

Post by MiniFox »

Eagle wrote:I was told Lawrie Park Road is where they are going this year. Seems a wealthy road.
I'm still laughing at this quote

Well done to the shops on the High street
Going to get my child from the Childminder on Friday (too young to participate), the High Street was magical
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Mini Fox
I am glad this gave you a laugh. It was not intended to be serious as I have connections with the road in question.