DOGS AND THEIR POOH IN WELLS PARK!!!!!!!!!

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

raymondus wrote:Cat poo is unfortunately unavoidable. Dog poo is avoidable, as dogs can be trained. Cats can also be trained but they are somewhat more difficult. At the end of the day, why have more poo than we need to?

In Knighton's world of pure equality for animals, the logical extension of his argument is also that we eat all animals because why should dogs have greater rights than cows etc. Actually, why should they? I am all for feasting on pooch - prevents poo.
Completely wrong on all counts Raymondus.

The issue, in any event, was not about treating all animals equally but rather about the motive of the individuals who started this thread.... They have a specific anti-dog objective which is very clearly illustrated by leaf's wholly unacceptable and most recent post.

Why bleat about dogs, who do something useful for us, while ignoring the pestilential parasitic cat?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi everybody...

What a thread and what wild stuff has been posted! I have enjoyed much of it but, I'm sure you will understand, my nervous rash gets itchy when things get personal. They can so quickly degenerate into a slanging match and calls for the Admin to intervene ... and if he does then calls for no censorship. No win!

I'm at the bottom of the garden surrounded by fox poo and looking forward to my siesta. Can I just ask everybody to reflect on the virtues of Netiquette if only to give me a quiet time this afternoon in this lovely sun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Luvya all...
leaf

Post by leaf »

knighton you said

The issue, in any event, was not about treating all animals equally but rather about the motive of the individuals who started this thread.... They have a specific anti-dog objective which is very clearly illustrated by leaf's wholly unacceptable and most recent post.

for the final time before this thread gets closed;
i said i find it annoying when i use wells park and have to clean dog pooh off my childrens shoes,i said i dont hate dogs,i accept it is the dog owners NOT the dogs who are at fault!

my last post was very obviously a joke in response to another posters comments.

as for your continued insinuation that i am not an i but a we,drop it!
i am leaf and that is it!
nobody else!

i still dont understand why you have been so very hostile towards me in this thread?
you have gone beyond reason.

goodbye
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

admin wrote:Hi everybody...

What a thread and what wild stuff has been posted! I have enjoyed much of it but, I'm sure you will understand, my nervous rash gets itchy when things get personal. They can so quickly degenerate into a slanging match and calls for the Admin to intervene ... and if he does then calls for no censorship. No win!

I'm at the bottom of the garden surrounded by fox poo and looking forward to my siesta. Can I just ask everybody to reflect on the virtues of Netiquette if only to give me a quiet time this afternoon in this lovely sun:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette

Luvya all...
It's too hot for gardens.... As requested I am ignoring the bile posted after your warning.
leaf

Post by leaf »

bile?

you have issues
Annie

Post by Annie »

:o

Hiya Leaf, don't worry Mr/Mrs admin knows who we are so it does'nt matter who thinks otherwise.
On the point you have been making about dog pooh i think you have hit the nail on the head by saying it's the owners fault.
and as is the law it's the owners who are fined accordingly :lol: :lol:

as for Bile :?: doesn't that come from Bears?
raymondus

Post by raymondus »

I'm with you leaf. Knighton's point just doesn't make sense.

Unrestrained dog party at Knighton's place, followed by cat barbecue. I will gladly partake of the catmeat because I hate their poo! And in my back garden too.
leaf

Post by leaf »

thank you annie and raymondus for your sensible supportive comments.

leaf :wink:
Blushingsnail

Post by Blushingsnail »

Is no one going to stick up for Knighton? No one has said anything contentious on this thread and yet people are getting their knickers in a right old twist. Leaf expressed a view and Knighton questioned that view with reference to the underlying issue. It’s called a discussion. There’s nothing aggressive about it - honest!

Some people see things in black and white, and some see the shades of grey in between.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

Oh Snail..... I now feel so very guilty about the salt pot and the empty shells now littering my garden!
leaf

Post by leaf »

Blushingsnail wrote:Is no one going to stick up for Knighton? No one has said anything contentious on this thread and yet people are getting their knickers in a right old twist. Leaf expressed a view and Knighton questioned that view with reference to the underlying issue. It’s called a discussion. There’s nothing aggressive about it - honest!

Some people see things in black and white, and some see the shades of grey in between.
knighton as everyone is entitled to his/her view,but to insinuate there was an underlying issue?
the only issue was dog pooh spoiling my experience of taking my family to wells park,thats it!

i didnt get my knickers in a twist,im just amazed at the vitriol aimed at me because i dared to criticise irresponsible dog owners,whats the problem with that?
knighton went so far off the original point that it became ridiculous,talking of wildcats gouging chests out?

i dont see what there is to argue about really,this has been my experience of using the park,the only thing for anyone else to say is either 'no i havent found it that bad' or 'yes i see what you're saying',i dont get why what i said set knighton off in that way?

there is healthy debate and there is making an arguement for arguements sake,the latter in my opinion applies here.

i post on lots of forums and enjoy a healthy intelligent debate,but this particular experience has left a nasty taste in my mouth.

this is a shame,because anyone looking at this forum would in my opinion get a bad impression of sydenham residents,that cant be a good thing.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

and there you have it.

When Leaf pronounces we are free to agree with him/her or to sympathise. No other comment is permitted!

To question the basis of a statement made is well out of order.

If only the whole world had to study logic.
leaf

Post by leaf »

Knighton wrote:and there you have it.

When Leaf pronounces we are free to agree with him/her or to sympathise. No other comment is permitted!

To question the basis of a statement made is well out of order.

If only the whole world had to study logic.
is that what i said?

i said anyone can agree or disagree!

it just seems silly and pointless to argue for the sake of it.

but of course you will find something to argue with whatever i say so go ahead pick this apart.

the basis of my statement was incredibly simple,i dont like my park usage being marred by dog pooh,once again that is it!

there isnt anything constructive in what you say,there seems to be no point to it,other than to disagree with what i say just because you can?

you hide behind the anonymity of the internet to be nasty and arguementative,maybe we have passed in the street,maybe even said good morning,who knows,but here you can say what you want,so you do,i hope this all does something for you,i personally cant see the point of it myself,but each to their own.
raymondus

Post by raymondus »

I think that we should have a Kinghton vs leaf argument in every topic. This should be the subject of the next poll.
robotfish

Post by robotfish »

One morning last week I walked past 26 piles of poo on my 7 minute walk up Venner road to Sydenham Station. Seeing as I was on one side of the road only I think we can assume there were 50 such piles on the pavements for that 1/2 mile stretch of road.

I am not a poo scientist. I could not determine whether it was cat (unlikely - too out-in-the-open, too big), fox (possible, at least some of it, Venner Road has a loud and proud fox population), human (well the size of some of it was something to behold) or dog. Dog is the most likely given the amount that are walked down that road. And of course you cannot blame the dogs at all. The owners, however, should be ashamed of themselves.

Most animals that run free around the SE26 area do so because they are wild or because they are tame and cause little threat to humans. Dogs are leashed or supervised because whilst most are tame, some are bred to be aggressive and some are a sniff away from their wild nature anyway. And they can be big.

It is not a huge intellectual leap to make: if you own or supervise a dog, then you should at least clear up its poo. Because you are there. Because you are watching it doing it.

I asked the Liberal Democrat candidate about dog poo at the last local elections. He said he'd look into it. Rather him than me.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

I am building up a picture of robotfish progressing along Venner Road examining and counting the pieces of pooh..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

I imagine he would be a good candidate for the Bat and Moth thing.
oicur0t

Post by oicur0t »

If you have dog you should pick up the poo, if you can't control a dog it should be on a lead. end of story. If people don't do this they should be brought to task. I'm pretty sure we all agree on this.
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I clean up after my dog every time it is pretty grim when people do not :(
chrisf

Ooh not more Poo!!!!!!

Post by chrisf »

Hey forum guys n gals
Dis is me 1st post in dis forum
And yep it is about da poo!!!!!!
I liv in sum flats on Sydenham Rise. Dare is a sign saying NO FOULING.
Truble is i dont fink da dogs can read it coz dares loadsa poo on da paths and grass.
U wud fink the owners wud teach da dogs how 2 read??????
Nuf respect
Chris :wink:
squig

hmmm...

Post by squig »

Interesting thoughts, everyone. Just thinking aloud here. I'm a dog/animal-lover sadly Petless in Sydenham.

My sis moved over to France with her dog, and children, recently and was shocked to see the amount of poo in the streets over there. (She's a careful scooper.) In fact, she had a great idea for a nifty pooper scooper which will one day make her millions, if they can change the mindset over there. It really does get concentrated on cobbles, somehow.... Maybe dog bidets?

I also saw a biodegradable dog poo bag available online just today (I wasn't even looking!) which clearly the local council should be pushing.

I don't like my 2 yr old son treading it it one bit, but every time I've been out in the park, and every time I've seen a dog being exercised- in more ways than one- the owners have had a bag with them, and I've wanted to rush up and pat them on the back!

So anyway are you all coming to my concert for World Animal Day?
http://www.alexandracarter.com