Moving In

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Elfkin

Moving In

Post by Elfkin »

Hi,

This is my first post but I have been reading the site and finding it really useful!

I am looking for a little advice from locals (not estate agents) about where to live in Sydenham. I am currently in Crystal Palace which I love but want to move into a bigger place (2 bed with garden) and the prices there are just too high and Sydenham seems to be much better value while not moving too far away. I've been doing research, sampled the Dolphin, Blue Mountian Cafe and had a wander around - seems so friendly and I am sold on th area.

Can anyone advise on roads/areas that are good to live on? I'll need to travel to work via Clapham Junction or Victoria so do need somewhere close to the station. Looking for somewhere the neighbours are friendly, easy walk to the station and quite a quiet road.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks
Tim Lund

Re: Moving In

Post by Tim Lund »

Welcome Elfkin

I'm not going to be a great deal of help on specific streets, but in general you are right - you get good value for money in Sydenham, and while I'm sure you'd be able to find friends in many other parts of London - we're all just human - you certainly can here, and I doubt which road you live in will make much difference.

If you want the negatives on the area, check out posts on why people have left - schools seem to be a factor, even there clearly are some good state schools around.
mummycat

Re: Moving In

Post by mummycat »