Are you a secret stitcher?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Croziec

Are you a secret stitcher?

Post by Croziec »

Calling all secret stitchers. Are you a secret sewer, knitter or crocheter? If so come out in the open and join us in the Golden Lion every Tuesday evening from 8pm. Everyone welcome. All levels from complete beginner. Go on join the craft badwagon :!:

All free! The landlord has just asked that we buy drinks :D If you have any questions or want to know more then please let me know - charlotte.i.t.crozier at gmail.com

x
Hannah

Re: Are you a secret stitcher?

Post by Hannah »

Hi Charlotte,

Just seen this thread - hopefully we can get a nice group going....I am working on my neighbour :D
marymck

Post by marymck »

Ooh lovely - I hope I can join you & that someone in the group will be kind enough to show me how to knit.
gabigallova

Post by gabigallova »

Hi Just wondering if the group is still meeting up on Tuesday, would like to join you for some knitting fun. :)
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

hi, I'm not sure if the group is going, but I'd love to come too :)
pip

Post by pip »

I noticed that the stitchers were in the Golden Lion last night ( wednesday ) if it helps.
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

pip wrote:I noticed that the stitchers were in the Golden Lion last night ( wednesday ) if it helps.
Thanks Pip, around what time was this?
pip

Post by pip »

Twas around eight I got there and they were already knitting away.
LindyZubairy

Post by LindyZubairy »

Hi there - I can confirm that we DO meet at the Golden Lion on Wednesdays between 7 and 9 and our focus is on CROCHET. My name is Lindy Zubairy and I teach a beginners course at the Alhambra Homes and Gardens in Kirkdale. Those who meet me at the pub on Wednesdays have all attended my beginners course there and we now work on some improver-level techniques. I usually charge £12 a session.

Beginners classes are usually timetabled according to demand so if you are interested, contact Rebecca Leathlean at the Alhambra on Tel: 020-3417 6385 mail@alhambrahome.co.uk. Then once you're off ground level we can continue to develop skills at the pub!

www.yocrochet.co.uk
Lindy@yocrochet.co.uk
marymck

Post by marymck »

Hi Lindy

Presumably you mean you charge for the lessons at Alhambra and the Golden Lion session is just a free club?

I'm already an advanced crocheter, though always interested in sharing hints & tips. I can't knit though ... I never could work out what to do if I dropped a stitch when knitting. Plus I'd like to learn some basic sewing techniques.
CatfordSewing

Post by CatfordSewing »

Do you enjoy sewing, knitting, embroidery or crochet? Want to meet new friends in a relaxed and friendly environment?
Why not join the Catford South Sewing & Knitting Group from 28th January 2012 - 14th July 2012 at The Youth Room, St Laurence Hall, 37 Bromley Road, SE6 2TS. We meet every Saturday (except 3rd of each month) from 11am - 5.30pm.
Feel free to drop-in for a few hours or the whole session. Funded by Lewisham Council it is completely FREE of charge and tea/coffee is provided. Tables are first-come-first-served.
Please bring your own sewing machine, knitting needles, materials and a smile. :)
Follow our blog at; catfordsewing.blogspot.com or email; catfordsewing@yahoo.com for more details.