Can anyone recommend a good roofer?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Juwlz

Can anyone recommend a good roofer?

Post by Juwlz »

I recently had a leaking flat roof 'fixed' and have just discovered in the recent rain that it is still leaking. Can anyone recommend a tried and tested roofer?

Also - I was just looking back on previous posts to see if there was any info and someone recommended getting in a surveyor to check out the problem first. This seems like a good idea since I have other bits of my roof that I am concerned about. Does anyone know what the best way to go about getting a surveyor is? Anyone recommend one?
I'd be grateful for any answers.
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

Julwz - I'm not sure I can recommend a surveyor given my limited but very poor experience of "hidden defects" when buying property, despite getting the top survey done (not just the Mortgage evaluation). Luckily I've been covered by their insurance so I've not been out of pocket.

That's neither here nor there. I have had nothing but great dealings with Alltype roofing. I think they're based in Catford. They've done 3 seperate pieces of work on my roof (when I bought the house it turns out the roof was a sieve) and have fixed each bit quickly and with a 25 year guarantee.
Last edited by Greg Whitehead on 15 Sep 2006 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Greg

Thanks very much, I will try them.
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

You're welcome.
One of the pieces of work was on a flat roof above an extension - they offer a 25 year pluvitec guarantee on that. My contact was Fred - it has been some 4 years since I dealt with him though
the sexton

Post by the sexton »

We've used a company called MASON'S ROOFING a couple of times, onbce for a complete roof and once for some repairs. They were very good, tidy and efficient. He's based in Downham. The number I had for him was 07956 872 288. That's his mobile. Sorry I don't have his full details but I've lost the card. Worth giving a try.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Thanks the sexton,

I'll try them also.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Thanks to everyone that replied. I used Alltype in the end, as recommended by Greg, and they did an excellent job. No leaks so far! Thanks again. :D
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Try asking in The Railway.