has Queen's Motors gone?? Recommend a garage for MOT??

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
cakefiend

has Queen's Motors gone?? Recommend a garage for MOT??

Post by cakefiend »

Hi all
I usually go to Queen's Motors behind Homebase for my MOT but they were closed over the Xmas holiday and their phone is giving an out of order tone. Anyone know if they are still there or in business somewhere else?? If not, does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks so much
Yours desperately...
cakefiend...
simon

Re: has Queen's Motors gone?? Recommend a garage for MOT??

Post by simon »

Knighton Motors on Sydenham Road, opposite Golden Lion, has always been fair with me.
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

I just used the Kwik Fit on Sydenham Road for the first time today (not for an MOT) and I found them fast, friendly and efficient.

Otherwise, I think ALIB has recommended Dartmouth Road Service Station on a previous thread too.
cakefiend

Post by cakefiend »

Thank you for these. I do remember someone suggesting the one on Dartmouth Rd but it didn't sound like they'd actually been there? Was that the post you meant or is there another one? Either way, thank you for the tips. Any more recommendations welcome but in the meantime, I shall probably try Simon's shortly and will let you know how I get on. Thanks again.
Delphine
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

The Dartmouth road garage is great, I had my last 3 MOT's there. Highly recommended.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Hi. I've used Knightons garage on Syd Road for a repair. Helpful and reasonable. I used Kwikfit for tyres and a computer diagnostic thingy - also helpful. I've had MOT done at the VAG(?) garage at the Syd Road end of Newlands Park, i.e. about 50yds into Newlands Park on the left although whilst no complaints I reckon they are expensive for repairs.
stuart

Post by stuart »

simon wrote:Knighton Motors on Sydenham Road, opposite Golden Lion, has always been fair with me.
+1

Stuart
cakefiend

Post by cakefiend »

Thanks everyone! That's so helpful.
Appreciated.
:-D
JeeBee

Post by JeeBee »

Thanks, I'm looking out for a place too. Guess I'll mention the forum when booking the car in...
BMW

Post by BMW »

VOLKSPARES is very good .vw.audi.seat scoda.or any make . good service and friendly people .all work done with warantie no worries . free mot with service (just ask) . i've ben in diferent garages but volkspares make me a very happy costumer . you go dere and see for your self how good your car gon to bee fix .no problem