What is the best way to get to UCL?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
mrtimelover

What is the best way to get to UCL?

Post by mrtimelover »

I've never been there before and have no clue on how to get there. Sure I can use the TFL website but alot of the time it is useless and I would much rather get info from people who have travelled that way.

So what is the best way to get there?

Thanks
JulietP

Re: What is the best way to get to UCL?

Post by JulietP »

From here I think I would probably get Southern to Victoria and then the Victoria Line to Euston.
stuart

Post by stuart »

The cheapest, relatively speedy and not quite obvious way from Sydenham station is to take the Overground to Highbury & Islington and then take the Victoria Line south to Warren Street. Otherwise take Southern to London Bridge and the Northern Line to Euston Station. UCL is bounded by Warren Street, Euston Square & Euston Stations - the first two just require crossing a road.

The cheapest and longest way is to take the 176 bus to Tottenham Court Road. It is then a 10 minute walk up the road ...

Stuart
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_184637 says change to Hammersmith and City Line at Whitechapel and get off at Euston Square.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Yes Robin - that is the way i used to go until they extended to Overground to H&I. The H&C is not reliable with big gaps, having to wait in the cold at Whitechapel and often gets stalled at Aldgate waiting for the Circle Line. Whereas if you stay on to H&I you go straight underground to Vic trains every 2/3 mins going fast one stop to Kings X. Much nicer and usually faster.

Stuart
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Depending on where you live in Sydenham you could get the Thameslink service from Penge East (Z4) or Sydenham Hill (Z3) to St Pancras then walk or get a bus from there. Some direct services, but at most times you need to change at Herne Hill, which is really easy, and much nicer than going from train to tube at a mainline station.
mrtimelover

Post by mrtimelover »

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.