Dentists

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Jenny

Dentists

Post by Jenny »

Hello

This is my first post so apologies if I'm repeating a well worn question.

I've lived in Sydenham for a few years but have never got round to registering with a dentist. However, persistent toothache is driving me to do it :(

Can anyone recommend a good dentist in the area?

Thanks
leaf

Post by leaf »

hello jenny

i use the one near forest hill train station[cant remember the name]it has a giant toothbrush just inside the door and is next door to a pawn[?] shop,ive never had any problems there,id recommend dot,shes really nice.
simon

Post by simon »

Ive been using Mr Bandlish in Gypsy Hill for ten years. When I first arrived in Sydenham ten years ago had a terrible toothach and he came out at 2 in the morning. Saw him at his surgery the follwing day, a Sunday, and he only charged me the NHS rate. Good dentist and a nice man.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
Hiya, i've used the one in Lawrie Park rd for at least 20 years.
take your pick there is a lady called Margaret who is lovely but she only does a few days per week, then there is another lady and a couple of men.
I have used them all for myself and my children over the last 20 years and have never had a problem with them.
Good luck :lol:
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Thanks everyone, that's useful. I've never noticed a dentists on Lawrie Park Road - whereabouts is it?
leaf

Post by leaf »

if you turn into lawrie park rd from westwood hill its on the left a little way along,its in a huge beautiful house,i used to go there as a child and i remember they had an old fashioned toilet in there,with a wooden shelf type thing with the seat set into it,does anyone else remember that?...annie do you?

havent been there for years so that why i didnt recommend them.
Annie

Post by Annie »

Hiya Leaf,
no i must admit i don't remember that loo, but then i was young once and didn't need it as often as i do now haha.
Do you remember the beautiful wooden panelling on the walls? because that is still there, its worth a visit just to see it all.
leaf

Post by leaf »

yes the wood panelling!

the toilet tied in with that,i was very small when i went there,i just remember being wowed by that toilet,it felt like a throne!

i wonder if its still there?
Annie

Post by Annie »

:)
No Leaf it's not still there, last time i was there about a year ago it was a normal white loo/room.
but i was so wowed when i first went there the walls are absolutely beautiful aren't they :)
leaf

Post by leaf »

sorry jenny,you didnt ask about toilets!

why would they get rid of it? :cry:

maybe they save it for special bums?
Annie

Post by Annie »

:cry: are you suggesting my bums not special?? :wink:
leaf

Post by leaf »

:lol: im sure you're bum is very special annie!

i'll rephrase;

maybe the toilet is so special and of historical interest that mere customer bums arent allowed.

is that any better :?
Annie

Post by Annie »

:lol:
Yes you back-tracked well there Leaf! :lol:
leaf

Post by leaf »

I try :wink: