KFC in Savacentre grounds?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Annie.

Re: KFC in Savacentre grounds?

Post by Annie. »

Sorry, it was meant as a joke but this damn iPad is toooooo complicated for me to find smilies! Will a kiss do? Xx

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I wonder why the so called poor buy from chicken shops rather than cook at home. Surely cheaper and can include many vegetables.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

The so called poor buy at Chicken shops? Lord Poxingtonsmithe only likes poached squirel but that doesn't make him a peasant.

KFC is yet another Americanism eroding our identity, but I've been warned on here before about anti Americanism although I'll admit there is no doubt we have been infiltrated by them and indoctrinated since WW2.

I heard a rumour that the music industry built and commisioned privatley run prisons in America and their sole purpose was to promote gangster rap and create a subculture of violence that would supply an endless amount of inmates in a two birds with one stone strategy. Corner the music market and provide the prisons which house the exponents of a culture fuelled by drug gang warfare, hence cornering the market.

Did the good Clonel Saunders invision such a fate for his recipie?
marymck

Post by marymck »

Actually I did have a KFC for the first time in my life recently. (I don't count the one I had 20 years ago in China, because I really only did that for the photo opportunity!)

I can actually see why people have them. It's the quantity over quality thing. I was in Warwickshire with a friend and her son. We let him choose a takeaway. (Oh well letting him choose once in 15 years isn't a bad thing ... it won't set a precedent.)

We went to a drive through. We got masses of everything in some sort of family deal box. Including the biggest bottle of cola I'd ever seen in my life. Actually I only ate the popcorn chicken, (which I liked in a sort of guilty pleasure sort of way) and the corn on the cob (which was actually delicious.)

Trouble was, I kept waking up completely dehydrated. I think I'd had more salt in that one meal than in the rest of my considerable number of years.

I think tfl should ban them from the buses though. Icky grease & chicken bones strewn around ... not good.
CaptainCarCrash

We actually live in London where the crime rate is high, the denizens are low life and the take away food is junk :D

Oh the wonders of life in the big smoke never do cease to amaze.

I live in a very nice street but I'm surrounded by waifs vagerbonds and serfs their houses are worth £750k+ :evil:

The point I'm trying to make is London is so crammed one minute you're walking the streets of tranquility the next your walking on death row. the demographics are varied the political mozaic labyrinthian.

:(

I think I've become a dullard.
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

marymck wrote:We went to a drive through. We got masses of everything in some sort of family deal box.
Its advertised as a " Family Bucket", yeh feed your family from a BUCKET, nice! To quote Jack Dee, " it'll be a family trough next "
CaptainCarCrash

everthing is fine in moderation including moderation.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Is it just me when driving along motorways avoids Service Stations labelled KFC. It gets difficult when they are labelled KFC/Waitrose. Alienating both ends of the market simultaneously?

Stuart
CaptainCarCrash

stuart wrote:Is it just me when driving along motorways avoids Service Centres labelled KFC. It gets difficult when they are labelled KFC/Waitrose. Alienating both ends of the market simultaneously?

Stuart
My wallet doesn't allow for me stop at motorway service stations. The prices are a ripoff, all fuel in them is way over priced.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Perhaps we ought to give benefits in the form of vouchers that can only be exchanged for fruit and veg.

Could be a winner in reducing those huge waistlines.
CaptainCarCrash

Eagle Duncan Smith :lol:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Surely it is a good idea. It is our money we are giving them at the least we should expect it is spent on healthy food.
CaptainCarCrash

Eagle wrote:Surely it is a good idea. It is our money we are giving them at the least we should expect it is spent on healthy food.
I'd rather it go to the doleites than the Royals, the Olympics and 10 years of illegal wars.

and banquets where HRH invites tyrants.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I have just got home from sainsburys,saw a boy of about 9/10 (on his way home I presume) see through carrier bag,Morleys Chicken & whatever goes with it,just 1 small box, I just thought " you poor little thing" I am hoping I was wrong and he is going home to a mum and hot food.am I wrong to think that?

CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote:I have just got home from sainsburys,saw a boy of about 9/10 (on his way home I presume) see through carrier bag,Morleys Chicken & whatever goes with it,just 1 small box, I just thought " you poor little thing" I am hoping I was wrong and he is going home to a mum and hot food.am I wrong to think that?

My heart bleeds.

I saw a young lad sucking on a cod, stuffing chips and smoking a gherkin. should I have called child line?

:lol:

i don't mean to dis anyone but this thread is a joke really.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Annie
I agree very sad. As you say probably no welcoming parents with hot food on the table.

Mike
These so called tyrants are often good purchasers of British goods and friends of Britain. The Queen more than pays for herself. God Bless Her.

I not sure the subjects are related. I do not think KFC were doing the catering at Windsor Castle.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Annie. wrote:I have just got home from sainsburys,saw a boy of about 9/10 (on his way home I presume) see through carrier bag,Morleys Chicken & whatever goes with it,just 1 small box, I just thought " you poor little thing" I am hoping I was wrong and he is going home to a mum and hot food.am I wrong to think that?

Could just be a Friday treat that he's picked up on his way home from school. My boy is 11 and is allowed to buy sweets with his pocket money on a Friday afternoon before he walks home. He's scruffy enough to look like a latchkey kid, but I met him at the door with my pinny on, having just put a cake in the oven.

You can't always judge by appearances.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

mikecg wrote:

I,ll let you know in 20/30 years when he and other youngsters have heart disease,Dibetes and cost us all a fortune Mike.
If you have no worries for the young peoples health then good for you.:0))

CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote:

I,ll let you know in 20/30 years when he and other youngsters have heart disease,Dibetes and cost us all a fortune Mike.
If you have no worries for the young peoples health then good for you.:0))

There are 7bln jelloids wobbling around on this rock a few fat people aren't going to mean squat in 20/30 years.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

A few fat people ( oh sorry must not say that it could cause upset ) .

I do notice however if you see people over 80 then very few are fat.

Either the fatties die early , or people just become slim at 80. I would imagine the first.

Obesity is a disaster of our society. Did not exist 50 years ago. How often do you see children going home from school not eating whilst moving.
Where do they get the money. I would imagine most children get one pound a week pocket money if they have been good and are lucky.