KFC in Savacentre grounds?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
CaptainCarCrash

Re: KFC in Savacentre grounds?

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Maybe the idea of being fat and dead at 60 is a better prospect than being 80 and having your nappy changed.
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

mikecg wrote:Maybe the idea of being fat and dead at 60 is a better prospect than being 80 and having your nappy changed.
Only if you ate KFC all ya life and made 80.

My grandparents are in there 90's , are very active, dont have nappies and wouldnt know what KFC is, your stereotyping mikecg, surely ? And on this thread, thats offensive ( apparently)
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

mikecg wrote:Maybe the idea of being fat and dead at 60 is a better prospect than being 80 and having your nappy changed.
Mmmm let me think------do I want to live another 4 years or 24? ---- no contest! :0))

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
maestro

Post by maestro »

CaptainCarCrash

Funerals are a ripoff in this country, there's money in death, I see undertakers the same way I see scrap dealers except they exude a false sense of empathy.

So what if he has had to invest in contraptions instead of employing the right number of people.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Chicken shops have a lot to answer for.;0)) "Dead heavy: Undertaker spends £40,000 on super-sized equipment to cope "

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

This is outrageous. People should not get so fat.

Perhaps prior to getting benefits you should have to go to a weigh in and anyone 10% over ideal weight should get nothing.

A tax on tracksuits which are oversize.
maestro

Post by maestro »

mikecg wrote:
Funerals are a ripoff in this country, there's money in death, I see undertakers the same way I see scrap dealers except they exude a false sense of empathy.

So what if he has had to invest in contraptions instead of employing the right number of people.
The number of people employed has nothing to do with it. The article states he is the first undertaker in the country having to invest £40k to cater for 40-50st lumps of blubber, which I would imagine are often most likely to expire during heatwaves and will very rapidly become whiffy if they're not stored in refrigerators large enough to accommodate them. So undertakers having to carry out these upgrades are going to have to recoup their investment somehow, some of this will no doubt be recovered from charging extra for a larger coffin, but the rest of it I suspect we'll all ultimately be paying for with increased funeral fees.
Last edited by maestro on 19 May 2012 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

According to Mikes logic,the undertaker should employ more people to help with the load, but,when they all do their backs in through the sheer weight of these obese people,again we will have to foot the bill.so,where is the logic Mike? Isn't it better that he buys a machine to help? Or even,god help me,people that large should be helped to slim down, I doubt if they choose to be that size.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Annie
It is simple eat healthy food and less of it. Why all the fuss about how to lose weight.
CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote:According to Mikes logic,the undertaker should employ more people to help with the load, but,when they all do their backs in through the sheer weight of these obese people,again we will have to foot the bill.so,where is the logic Mike? Isn't it better that he buys a machine to help? Or even,god help me,people that large should be helped to slim down, I doubt if they choose to be that size.

My solution would be to incorporate power stations into crematoriums as burials are becoming a thing of the past due to land issues. The power station could use boiling water steam generators so that fat people would be giving back something to the community because they would burn a bit longer. You can re-use coffins after the service, one size fits all. Or better still no coffin at all just a white sheet/shroud, you could further save money by employing a tipper truck instead of hursts and do about 10 at the same time.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Mmmm yes I see your point Mike,we could even run a wind farm on the waffle sorry I mean ideas you have suggested ;0))

CaptainCarCrash

Annie. wrote:Mmmm yes I see your point Mike,we could even run a wind farm on the waffle sorry I mean ideas you have suggested ;0))

See what the daily fail does to people :shock:
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

mikecg wrote:
Annie. wrote:Mmmm yes I see your point Mike,we could even run a wind farm on the waffle sorry I mean ideas you have suggested ;0))

See what the daily fail does to people :shock:
Mike I assumed that by your previous post you had a sense of humour? I was just replying with mine, nothing to do with the Daily Mail. :0)

Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

michael wrote:Can you still buy Topics at Savacentre, or have they gone the way of the Marathon and Opal Fruits?
Topics are still there
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Annie. wrote:According to Mikes logic
is that an oxymoron ?
mikecg wrote:See what the daily fail does to people

and that is very assumptive steroptyping isnt it ? To judge a person by the paper they may read and DICTATE that by defination it defines them is on a par to making assumptions on KFC frequenters and RnB followers, surely ?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I am not a purchaser of The Daily Mail but do occasional read a courtesy copy in the coffee shop.

It seems to be common practice to complain every article in the paper is not true.

I would suggest , if that were the case , they would be at the law courts daily defending actions. As this does not seem to the the case must conclude they do tell the truth , though maybe some people do not want to hear the truth.
CaptainCarCrash

Dorian wrote: and that is very assumptive steroptyping isnt it ? To judge a person by the paper they may read and DICTATE that by defination it defines them is on a par to making assumptions on KFC frequenters and RnB followers, surely ?
That's really bothered you hasn't it. I must have touched a nerve, take some of your own advice and get over it, I have.
CaptainCarCrash

rod taylor wrote:
Dorian wrote: and that is very assumptive steroptyping isnt it ? To judge a person by the paper they may read and DICTATE that by defination it defines them is on a par to making assumptions on KFC frequenters and RnB followers, surely ?
That's because for certain people it is ok to stereotype some things; like The Daily Mail, Christians, Boris Johnson, yummy mummy's, City workers, the kind of person who queues to watch Tennis at Wimbledon...

But heaven forbid you dare to stereotype urban youth. Because urban youth is powerless, dispossessed, misunderstood, they are victims.

It is patronizing nonsense. The idea that any of the above groups need someone to look after them, to speak for them.
Rod,

Double standards is the term you are looking for. let me set the record straight, I do not discriminate, I hate almost everybody especially racists, political shysters, capitalism, miscarriages of justice, bullying, plastic people, snides, country and western music, forums and the idiots who frequent them, exploitation of the poor by multinational corporate companies, bankers, Royalists, child abusers, thugs, waifs vagabonds and false yuppies, false prophets, devil worshipers, techno geeks, used car sales men and anchovies.
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

Dorian wrote:
mikecg wrote:See what the daily fail does to people

and that is very assumptive steroptyping isnt it ? To judge a person by the paper they may read and DICTATE that by defination it defines them is on a par to making assumptions on KFC frequenters and RnB followers, surely ?
I have a few (good) friends of the liberal persuasion who froth at the mouth whenever the Daily Mail gets a mention in passing - I just smile and wind them up even further :)

It's just a paper with an agenda, much like all papers (although inevitably someone will write a post of war and peace magnitude to dispute that fact). I pick it up occasionally to read the 'femail', 'style' and 'money' sections, it doesn't turn me into a rabid EDF supporter, any more than it does my other half's elderly parents who read it on a daily basis.

Live and let live...